New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Weird Keyboard Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eric06

eric06 has a spectacular aura about

Lately I have noticed the keyboard on my MBP is not typing right all the time. It's mainly happening when I fill out online username/password forms. Examples are I have to type my password at least 5 times to get into Hotmail.

I have done the 10.5.2 and the keyboard update. Wouldn't the keyboard update fix this problem??

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
cycler48

cycler48 is on a distinguished road

MBP's have known keyboard issues: http://discussions.apple.com/thread....6337&tstart=30

I've had problems mostly with the letter 't' and usually at the beginning of a word. It's really quite annoying since the word 'the' often comes out as 'he' and spellcheck doesn't catch it.
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

I will try the instructions given on the apple boards. Hopefully one of those will fix it. If not I will give the apple place a call when I am on spring break.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
KeatMP

KeatMP is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G

I have had the same problems. It happens to me when I first try to type into a new field and it wont input the first letter I type. They say the latest firmware update fixes it, but I still notice it does it sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks
Stephen

Stephen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13", 4gb, 500gb, 2.26 Duo. White iPhone 5, White iPad Mini 32gb

my y is very iffy had the macbook for about a month and its slowly becoming more responsive dont know if it was just getting broken in!?
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeatMP View Post
I have had the same problems. It happens to me when I first try to type into a new field and it wont input the first letter I type. They say the latest firmware update fixes it, but I still notice it does it sometimes.
I have mainly noticed my "L" is the worst character.

I have done the keyboard updates and that has not fixed it. I am trying to reinstall the 10.5.2. combo update now.

QUOTE Thanks
eric06

I reinstalled the updates (10.5.2 and keyboard update) didn't help any. Guess the next move is take it to be looked at.

QUOTE Thanks
dandydaniel

dandydaniel is on a distinguished road

The whole firs key typed not working is gone for me, but what is annoying is that my laptop came shipped with a broken hinge on my control button so whenever I have to hit control, the key pops off and it sits crooked. I'm going to have to go in and get this **** control key replaced and they better not pul l some B.S. and tell me I have to ship my laptop just to get a key fixed.
QUOTE Thanks
linkedscorpion

linkedscorpion is on a distinguished road

I have to hold Shift + return for my return button to work properly, when i press return by itself, it tries to execute a Cmd+C. this sucks major for me
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New MacBook Pro Video card question... | new case material? »