New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Ibook updates..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The mac 13

Man im a fan of ibooks.. does anyone know when are they comming out..or mayb some infos of the new specs? price? HELP!!!

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ Says that ibook updates comming soon..

Also claims that they have a new processor http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/...28095829.shtml

http://www.macrumors.com/c.php?u=htt...inventory.html Says that the ibooks are low on stocks
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

First, no one knows the specs. No one knows if they even exist. No one can answer you. Try squeezing some info out of Steve Jobs, because you wont get anything here...
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
First, no one knows the specs. No one knows if they even exist. No one can answer you. Try squeezing some info out of Steve Jobs, because you wont get anything here...
checked Jobs' blog.. no such update reported..
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

ok the dual core thingy.. is it the same as intel's hyper threading?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

No it's not...

Don't ask me what the differences are, but hyper threading is a different technology...

Dual core is more like 2 processors in one i believe.... (not dual processors though!)
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mac 13
checked Jobs' blog.. no such update reported..
Your a funny character... justonemorething.com isn't really is blog.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

iBooks were last updated, along with PowerBooks, in June 2004. Expect updates every 6 months (about), following Apple's update pattern. That would mean the iBooks would be updated probably around Christmas.

Following Apple's pattern, that is. So don't trust me!
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

PowerBook/iBook updates were in April.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich
Dual core is more like 2 processors in one i believe.... (not dual processors though!)
Thats hyper threading.. hmm..
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

[QUOTE=m1k]That would mean the iBooks would be updated probably around Christmas.
QUOTE]

Hmm..thats abut long i must say.. but if tiger is comming out nxt year, and christmass is kind of nxt year, shd apple wait for tiger to b final then release the new ibook with the final tiger?

P.s whats alpha software?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Well last time the update was in november i believe so I'm guessing we'll see an update around then.

In time for christmas, but with enough time to avoid christmas delays.

Sorry if I was wrong about the hyper threading, i didn't think it was the same thing?
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mac 13
Thats hyper threading.. hmm..
No it's not. A Hyperthreading CPU still only has one core, even if in Windows or Linux it's shown like a dual CPU. It kinda simulates a dual CPU, but doesn't have all the same advantages.

A dual core CPU actually has two physical CPU cores on one dye, which means it is two CPUs on one dye, except of having two seperate CPUs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question of interest | how do i delete all my cookies? »