Question of interest
    Just wondering how iBooks cool themselves, i'm not having any probs in that area i'm just used to noisy fans on PC. The silence i certainly a refreshing change but i'd like to know the root of this silence.

cde_woods
    Quote Originally Posted by mig.gentry
    Just wondering how iBooks cool themselves, i'm not having any probs in that area i'm just used to noisy fans on PC. The silence i certainly a refreshing change but i'd like to know the root of this silence.
    I don't know, mine gets REALLY hot though when I'm doing a lot of stuff. I worry about it. I've never had a notebook before so I'm not sure if it's normal, but I've read horror stories of warped cases and the such.

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by mig.gentry
    The iBook uses a temperature-controlled fan that will only come on when needed. Mine rarely comes one, and when it does it's only for a short while.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

The mac 13
    So on what temperature will the fan come on?

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by The mac 13
    So on what temperature will the fan come on?
    I'm not sure what specific internal temperature the machine/processor needs to reach before the fan comes on.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Mine comes on around 60 celcius.

I use temperature monitor when I want to see how hot it is inside my ibook...

I'm guessing the secret to the heat problem is the fact that a lot of heat rises up through the keyboard area and out of the back near the screen hinge.

If you lift up the keyboard and touch the surface there it is extremly hot, and this is also the reason you cannot run the ibook with the screen closed...

Thread Information