New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Playing Spore on a MacBook Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eastcoastborn

eastcoastborn is on a distinguished road

I searched a few topics and the general theme is no one knows the specs of Spore on a Mac but assuming your computer can run SIMS 2 you are in the clear.

Well I am trashing my Dell and buying a Macbook. Just a basic macbook, with either a 2.0 or 2.2 GHZ and I will upgrade to at least 2gb of ram if not maybe 4gb.

Now I have only waded through the waters on what it takes to run a game smoothly, but before I throw down some cash for a computer, which will happen regardless, I do not want to have to miss this game due to lack of performance. But I am still buying a MAC.

SO questions as I am sure everyone knows what I am eluding to is, will a Macbook with either a 2.0 or 2.2 with 2-4gb ram run spore?

I mean I am sure I can answer this question myself, and say yes based on what everyone has already assumed, but I guess the real question then is, did the Sims 2 run well on just a regualr Macbook?

Does anyone forsee the videocard, ram and processor being a problem?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

From what I've seen of Spore, you'll probably want to get yourself a Macbook Pro to play it as the Macbook's integrated graphics are rather limited.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
CodeSamurai

CodeSamurai has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD

I agree. Although you MIGHT be able to play with the macbook, it probably won't play smoothly at all. The macbook pro would probably not even hiccup at the game. The tentative release date for Spore right now is not until September...it might almost be worth waiting until then to get a macbook if you really have your heart set on that. I'm not here to start rumors or anything, but I think it's safe to say that you'll see at least one revision of the macbook between now and then...although a graphics update is unlikely.

Peace,
Trent out

CodeSamurai | Facebook
Twitter >> Flickr
15.4" 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Macbook Pro w/ High-res antiglare screen and Nvidia 650m GT w/ 1GB VRAM
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help! Major problem with my newish Macbook Pro | Advice on locked dvd region »