New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Want to sell my iBook... help anyone :D ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

x0suckerlove

okay, so i'm trying to sell an iBook... one of the older clamshell models with a tangerine rim. i know it has Mac OS X installed, but that's pretty much all I know =/ so if you're interested in buying or have any questions about the laptop, please post

Edit -> sorry... in the wrong section =p i'm new here, have pity =)
QUOTE Thanks
Jnco

I'd be interested, do you know the speed/ram amount/video card/hard drive size stuff? Also, maybe a pic would help.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

He said he doesn't know his specs, so...

Click on the Apple logo in the menu bar, click on About this Mac. Post that info. Also go click on More and post that too.

If you post that kind of stuff, more people would be interested.

Also, what price is it at?

I would be interested, but I have a new 12" PowerBook, sorry.
QUOTE Thanks
x0suckerlove

okay this is what i've gathered lol:

Tangerine Clamshell model
Mac OS X version 10.1
192 MB memory
300mhz processor
3gb hard drive
8mb video card
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I'd give you 100$ for it...
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

I'll give you $150 for it...

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
x0suckerlove

sorry... but if you look on E-Bay and palces like that, Clamshell i-books are worth a lot more than that... i'd say in the $400-$500 region. they may be old, but they're not that old lol
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0suckerlove
sorry... but if you look on E-Bay and palces like that, Clamshell i-books are worth a lot more than that... i'd say in the $400-$500 region. they may be old, but they're not that old lol

My advice to you:

Do Not become a salesperson!!!

QUOTE Thanks
x0suckerlove

My advice to you:
don't offer $150 for something worth over $500, it makes you look silly
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

Quote:
My advice to you:
don't offer $150 for something worth over $500, it makes you look silly
You're kidding right?? Saying your item is worth "over $500" is your opinion and not fact. I have purchased G3 iMacs and iBooks for $60 - $250 each from individuals, just because someone on Ebay is willing to overpay for something, it doesn't mean the item is actually worth that much.

Oh, and if you wanted a certain amount for your item then you should have said so in your initial post!!!

Welcome to economics 101.

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Agreed:

Asking for a price and then ridiculing it is silly.
Any offer is going to be less than you want, nobody's going to come and say: "A G3 Clamshell??? I'll give you a 1000 bucks for it!!"
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Quote:
Good luck with that.
QUOTE Thanks
ravenstor

Quote:
okay this is what i've gathered lol:

Tangerine Clamshell model
Mac OS X version 10.1
192 MB memory
300mhz processor
3gb hard drive
8mb video card
its worth what someones prepared to pay for it, and 150 us dollars is your top bid, why would anyone would want to pay massive bucks for an outdated machine?

I love macs and software but wouldnt buy an antique other than for nostalgia.

QUOTE Thanks
x0suckerlove

i think you guys need the luck... i'm already getting more appropriate offers from my newspaper ads. offering $150 for a laptop? i'm laughing out loud at these responses... you guys are reeeally optomistic if you think someone's going to say "$150!? SOLD!" pathetic =)
QUOTE Thanks
x0suckerlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich
Agreed:

Asking for a price and then ridiculing it is silly.
Any offer is going to be less than you want, nobody's going to come and say: "A G3 Clamshell??? I'll give you a 1000 bucks for it!!"
sorry... just to get a better understanding of your complaint... where is this phantom price that i asked for and then ridiculed? there isn't one!? ooohhh...
8)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« software to join movie clips | Stick or twist? »