New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Blueberry iBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cmcguire2

cmcguire2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Power Pc 1.5GHz, 1 GB Ram, OS X 10.5

I am looking at getting an older blueberry iBook and had a couple of questions about it. This will be something to play around with and will go to my youngest child ( who is 4 he wants ti be like the big kids LOL )
Here are the specs that is has now
The ibook has a CDROM, 300Mhz G3 Processor
768MB RAM (But the machine only calculates 544MB of it)
20GB Hard Drive (upgraded from the 5gb that it came with (18gb after formatting)
Mac OS X 10.4.9 on it, and is ready to be used.
No wireless card included

My Questions are can i use a PC Card wireless adaptor or will i need to find an airport card if so will a airport extreme card work

Where is the best place to look for a battery for it

what is the biggest limitation of that model other then the speed
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question on iBook*
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Tanner31593 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcguire2 View Post
I am looking at getting an older blueberry iBook and had a couple of questions about it. This will be something to play around with and will go to my youngest child ( who is 4 he wants ti be like the big kids LOL )
Here are the specs that is has now
The ibook has a CDROM, 300Mhz G3 Processor
768MB RAM (But the machine only calculates 544MB of it)
20GB Hard Drive (upgraded from the 5gb that it came with (18gb after formatting)
Mac OS X 10.4.9 on it, and is ready to be used.
No wireless card included

My Questions are can i use a PC Card wireless adaptor or will i need to find an airport card if so will a airport extreme card work

Where is the best place to look for a battery for it

what is the biggest limitation of that model other then the speed
You will have to find an original Airport Card, which ultimately, to me anyway, was the biggest limitation of buying one. They're not cheap. About $50 on ebay.
I have an indigo clamshell,
466mhz
320mb ram
10gb hd
It runs decent for its age.
Also theyre pretty durable!

Also, i've noticed some batteries on eBay for like $30, mine doesn't have a battery either. I'm not sure if they are good or not, but i've heard the Clamshells arent so good with new batteries.

Good luck!

I know what you mean as far as kids-
My cousin is 3 and we recently went into the Verizon store because my other cousin (his brother) needed his phone repaired. He wanted a phone SO BAD we had to drag him out of there screaming. lol.
QUOTE Thanks
cmcguire2

cmcguire2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Power Pc 1.5GHz, 1 GB Ram, OS X 10.5

Well I lucked out and the guy left in the airport card so it has wireless (lol) that is one less thing i need to get for it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Login Screen even with automatic login | HELP Blueberry wont play itunes videos »