Thread: wifi printing

crelm
    wifi printing
    Hello, here's the setup...

I just got an iBook with an airport card. We have a cable modem and a wireless router set up to a PC and I receive the internet from the router. I want to print off of the printer connected to our PC but I don't know how to set up my printer to be the one that is shareing on our PC. How can this be done?

thanks,
    crelm.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Open the printers dialogue under windows, right-click the printer and select 'share printer'
    If you can see the pc through the wifi network, the printer should also show and be selectable through the mac...

crelm
    hrmm
    The printer on the PC is shareing. When I look at the "Printer setup utility" on my iBook I don't see the printer on the PC. Should I be looking somewhere else.

thanks,
    crelm..

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    You need to add the printer. You'll also need to choose "Windows Printing" from the drop down on the add printer dialogue.

This is assuming of course that you're using Panther. It would be much different and difficult if using Jaguar.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

crelm
    yeah
    When I go to windows printing all I see is WORKGROUP in the window... I don't see anything about printing dialogue... :confused:

crelm

vuschejan
    Quote Originally Posted by crelm
    When I go to windows printing all I see is WORKGROUP in the window... I don't see anything about printing dialogue... :confused:

crelm
    Have you tried utilities-add printer?

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Do you need to enable windows & printer sharing in the 'sharing' dialogue in system preferences?

crelm
    hmm
    I'm thinking I should see my PC's printer in the windows printing dialogue box right?

crelm

tariq
    on your windows computer goto the control panel and click printers. right click on the printer you want to share and goto share or properties then share. set up a name for it and then click ok.

now make sure your windows computer is setup to use workgroup named WORKGROUP which is the default (this is done by right clicking my computer and going to network id)

next, on your mac, open the system preferences pane, click printers, click add, it will search for a bit, then your windows computer should be displayed.

double click that, and from there the printer will be displayed. now choose the appropriate driver below and then click ok.

if that doesn't work or theres a problem, you haven't setup your windows computer to share the printer properly...

Thread Information