Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    daughter_anna
    black keyboard on powerbook?
    sorry if i sound a so unknowledgeable, but i just HAD to ask..

i saw a couple people at school who had powerbooks with a black keyboard. why? and what model is it?

m1k
    It's a Titanium PowerBook. They were the first G4 PowerBooks ever released, and they're damn sexy. Their design is what the current Aluminum PowerBooks were based on, and they were what sparked Apple's 'shiny metal' theme in it's Power___ products (PowerBook, PowerMac, etc.)

Titanium PowerBooks are also known as TiBooks. They start at 400MHz and go all the way up to 1GHz. A few years ago they were replaced with the current G4 Aluminum PowerBook 15". Before the Aluminum PB 15" was released though, the 12" and 17" were released. When the 15" was released the TiBooks were extinct.

But TiBooks are still damn amazing and they're still really good looking. I personally like the looks of the TiBook better than the current PowerBook 15" Aluminum.

This Apple History lesson was brought to you by m1k.

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    I bet you get great wireless reception in a titanium notebook!

Now this is sexy.

Specs:
    iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
    pshhhh! PC! :p Butt yes i does look nice!
    -Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
    Yeah but you have to use external peripherals on that from what I can tell. I'll take my PB thanks .

Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Quote Originally Posted by firsteggprez
    pshhhh! PC! :p Butt yes i does look nice!
    I knew that was going to happen. Someone would criticize it because its a PC. Poor reasons, very poor reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by gort
    Yeah but you have to use external peripherals on that from what I can tell. I'll take my PB thanks .
    You try fitting a CD drive in that thing.

Specs:
    That's my point. I am guessing that laptops with an internal cd/dvd drive won't get much thinner (if any) than the current powerbooks. Until cd-drives become obsolete like floppies are now, I don't think I could bear using a notebook that required an external one. They're a staple! To its credit, the thickness of that laptop is incredible.

MoltenLava
    I've had two Sony laptops. Sony has great design team, but their build quality is questionable. Keyboard is one of the worst in PC industry. Bundled Sony software is buggier than any production software I've ever seen. The screen is great, however. I love Sony screen. One thing about those ultra light laptop is they tend to tip over backwards, because of the weight of the screen.

daughter_anna
    Quote Originally Posted by MoltenLava
    I've had two Sony laptops. Sony has great design team, but their build quality is questionable. Keyboard is one of the worst in PC industry. Bundled Sony software is buggier than any production software I've ever seen. The screen is great, however. I love Sony screen. One thing about those ultra light laptop is they tend to tip over backwards, because of the weight of the screen.
    i agree. the keyboard on my sony laptop was hideous and all the built-in software really SUCKED. but, it was a great machine though

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
    Sony screens are the best on VAIO laptops. And yea, that laptop is such a piece of beauty, it is unbelieveably thin :eek:

Icarus
    is there only one USB port on that bad boy? Tell me I can't read or something...(I actually just looked at the pictures!)

Specs:
    Just saw this laptop, they featured it on the screensavers. It's only 1.1 ghz, $3,000 USD, and has 20gb hard drive. Not that anyone would be surprised that the specs would be pretty poor in order to achieve such light weight (1.8lbs) and the thin profile.

Specs:
    Another TSS viewer!

They are currently making it smaller.

Crypto
    Never in life, I'd trade my powerbook for a VAIO.
    They look nice alright, but they lack one thing .... the apple

Specs:
    iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
    I knew that was going to happen. Someone would criticize it because its a PC. Poor reasons, very poor reasons.

I said it looks nice but it's just not appealing to me. It a pc and we're in a macforum.
    -Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-

Thread Information