New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Macbook Vs Macbook Pro Battery life

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tobywuk

tobywuk can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano

As the macbook pro has a bigger screen, more powerfull components and more features, does this mean that the macbook pro has a smaller battery life than the macbook?

If so, is it a big difference or not enough to notice?
QUOTE Thanks
JerrfyLube

JerrfyLube is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa

My macbook got substantially better battery life than my pro does. Using full brightness on both machines doing nothing more than internet surfing with a full charge, id get a solid 3-3.5 hours with the macbook. With my pro, its closer to 2-2.5. Watching a full length DVD on the pro is cutting it close in terms of battery life.
QUOTE Thanks
EORI

EORI has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD

I'm rather surprised and disappointed by the short battery life on the Macbook's. I thought that they were using the same Intel CPU that Wintel mfrs use for their notebooks.

My Thinkpad X61s 8 cell that I just got at work routinely gets over 5 hours on a full charge with the screen on regular brightness setting, and a friend's Vaio gets even better than that.

I was hoping to pick up a Macbook to go with my new iMac. I wonder whether the Macbook Air will come close to the 5+ hours on my Thinkpad?
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

my 2.16 C2d Pro got at most 4hrs.

macbook another 45min about

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
a4 abt

a4 abt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz

I got 3.5 hours last Tuesday and the battery still had ~20% left. Keep in ming all I did is watch videos (for about an hour) and surf the Internet!

I'm sure a Macbook's battery would last longer, but considering the MBP's hardware, I was surprised by the 3.5 hours.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

i get about 3hrs mbp 15
QUOTE Thanks
tobywuk

tobywuk can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano

we have a problem then, I have the chance to get a free laptop off the government and im prodding for a macbook pro. I already have a macbook and if i got a macbook pro aswell then I would have to deside which one to keep.

I love my blackbook nice specs, nice size and good battery but if the pro's battery is not as good then this could be a problem because i use my macbook lots at university off the battery.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« wondering what 1 gig of ram is doing while nothing is running? | MacBook model number »