Powerbook display...

Specs:
    Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
    Powerbook display...
    ...is there a reason why the Powerbook displays(i'm talking specifically about the 15" Aluminum Powerbook) are so bad? my gf has an UXGA screen, which i know is just better, but it comes out sooooo much sharper than the Powerbook. i've heard so many good things about the Apple Displays but the display resolution of 1280x854 is just freak'n terrible. why would they put such a low quality screen on a 15" display? it just doesn't make sense.

is there any way to increase the display resolution via a new video card? any way to do it at all? suggestions please. 1280x854, freak'n laughable. it didn't bother me at first, but my eyes are starting to hurt.

Powerbook display...

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
    I think you're retarded.

Powerbook display...
    Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Hmm, stand-alone 15" TFTs often have 1024x768... so the Powerbook's resolution isn't that bad.
    OS X uses anti-aliasing for all it's fonts, that's what makes you think the screen is blurry at the beginning, but once you get used to it, you don't want to see those bulky Windows fonts anymore.
    Anyway, getting a very high resolution on a 15" small screen will result in everything being very tiny, and text hard to read without zooming, so there's no need for that.

@gort:
    not really an informative post, and definitely unnecessary...

MoltenLava
    Yeah, two words. Anti Aliasing. You are used to inferior display technology and you think it's better because you are used to it. When the color monitor first came out, people hated it because green on black is so much pleasing to the eyes. Does it mean B/W is superior to color?

Powerbook display...

Specs:
    Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
    hmm...i don't know. i guess my eyes really are used to the PC standard. i have to use one at work for at least 8 hours, so when i come home to my mac, it definitely looks different. yeah, i'm not sure i understand that hold "anti-aliasing" or whatever, but i'll take your word for it. it's not like i'm going to go trade in my beautiful powerbook for a freak'n DELL.

taxxman2k
    Quote Originally Posted by fasheezy
    hmm...i don't know. i guess my eyes really are used to the PC standard. i have to use one at work for at least 8 hours, so when i come home to my mac, it definitely looks different. yeah, i'm not sure i understand that hold "anti-aliasing" or whatever, but i'll take your word for it. it's not like i'm going to go trade in my beautiful powerbook for a freak'n DELL.
    Same way here, however I think the mac display is so much crisper and cleaner than the pc display. I think it looks better on the make, but then again I have been a Unix/Linux user for years so I am used the the "look" of the fonts.

Thread Information