ghenrytaylor
    Logic Board Died
    OK, it just died. Classic symptoms, streaky lines, screen went blank, boots to blank screen.
    Now, how do I get in touch with Apple. I know of an authorized repairservice near me (15 miles). I just need the OK from Apple.
    Anyone have some help, phone number, need this done quick (LOL).

Thanks,
    Henry

Logic Board Died

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

ghenrytaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41

iI'll try that first thing in the AM.

Thanks,

Henry

ChicoWeb
    Time for a new computer. That sucks.

Logic Board Died

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicoWeb
    Time for a new computer. That sucks.
    Not so long as this one's under warranty (er, "Repair Extension Program") it isn't.

I've actualy heard of a few cases of Apple replacing iBooks that had multiple failures under this program. As in, someone has four logic boards fail in a row, and Apple sends them a whole new iBook G4.

ghenrytaylor
    Apple is sending me a box to mail my iBook to them. They are going to replace the logic board. More later.
    Henry

Logic Board Died
    Specs:
    Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
    Let us know how it went! I have a G4 iBook 933. No problems so far with it.

Logic Board Died
    Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Acill: I think this is a G3 problem only, G4's are unaffected, so no worries for us!

ghenrytaylor
    Even though I've had my iBook only 8 months (used off eBay), I truely think it is the best there is. I am planning to purchase a PB next Jan or Feb. Apple service is something else. I called Apple last Friday, twice. They said they would send a box out , overnight, to me. Monday, no box. Tuesday, no box and I called. Seems it was delayed going out and was to do via USPS, not an overnite carrier. Wednesday, Thursday, and now Fridaay, no box. I called again, seems someone forgot to enter the info and a box wasn't sent. But now, it will go out DHL overnite. But ohhh, they don't work Saturday's, so now it will be Monday, "about fiveish" till it gets here. I've been without my laptop for a week and am no closer to having it repaired than I was last Friday. This stinks. I am very PO'ed. They heard about it today and they'll hear about this again.

Now, sorry for the rant, I do love my Ibook.

Henry

Logic Board Died
    Specs:
    Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
    If you make a big fuss to them you may get an upgrade. I have seen that before. I mean it is your computer and major sorce of getting work done right?!

ghenrytaylor
    OK, the latest. I did receive a box on Tuesday, turned it around the same day. It's going to Memphis, Tennessee. It'll be two weeks on Friday. I'm gonna really complain to Apple Service. No matter when I get it back, it could've been at least a week sooner, or more. I'm going crazy without it, not to mention the major crap I'm taking from my co-workers about this box thing. This better be good.

Henry

ghenrytaylor
    At last. It came in on Friday morning. Man is this sweet. The turnaround on this was extremly fast, hats off to their tech staff for a quick and well done job, although I suspect they've had a lot of practice. I am whole again (overstatement to be sure). I'm still gonna give them a hard time about the box though.

Henry

9/27
    Tried to leave feedback at tech service, burned them a new one on getting me an empty box, won't take my post. Go figure.
    Henry

Thread Information