Thread: iBook G4?

iBook G4?
    Hi everyone,

I think that I may end up getting a new laptop. I don't want to buy the Macbook, because it is a little pricey for what I would want it for-sort of the more basic stuff, word processing, internet, MSN, homework, music, etc. etc. I was thinking about an iBook G4. Would that be good for this type of stuff, or should I maybe even look at a Powerbook? I AM in Canada, and there are a couple Mac Stores, so I'm guessing I would probably be able to get one? How much would an iBook G4 cost? Thanks to anyone in advanced.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbook_g3 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I think that I may end up getting a new laptop. I don't want to buy the Macbook, because it is a little pricey for what I would want it for-sort of the more basic stuff, word processing, internet, MSN, homework, music, etc. etc. I was thinking about an iBook G4. Would that be good for this type of stuff, or should I maybe even look at a Powerbook? I AM in Canada, and there are a couple Mac Stores, so I'm guessing I would probably be able to get one? How much would an iBook G4 cost? Thanks to anyone in advanced.
    You do understand that the iBook G4 is no longer in production? Apple's entire product line has been updated for several generations now, with Intel processors. As such, you'll be limited to used and refurbished machines.

It sounds like your needs are fairly modest, and as long as you're willing to deal with the hassles that may accompany an older, used machine, I'd say go for it. Check eBay, there's plenty of older iBooks out there.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information