New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Faded Lines in MacBook Pro Screen...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dcwang3

dcwang3 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys

I just got a macbook pro about a month ago, and never had a problem with it. Works great and all, but I just noticed when the screen is completely black (not turned off), that it looks like there is screen burn or something near the middle of the LCD screen.

What are my options, I won't be able to take it in a retail dealer to see what the problem is. Do you know their policy about issues like that? Any suggestions?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Kalison

Kalison will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac

Could it be any sort of light leak?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Take it back to the reseller or an Apple dealer near you if you purchased it from the online store.
QUOTE Thanks
Neo

Neo is a jewel in the roughNeo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1

Dimming the brightness doesn't turn off the screen, it turns off the backlight. What you see is the image on the screen with the backlight turned off...totally normal. If you shut down, it will go away. If not, THEN you have a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
kkelly122

kkelly122 is a jewel in the roughkkelly122 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP l iPhone l iPod

what neo said this is normal. since your screen isnt powered off it still projects an image without the backlight on so you will see outline of some windows. dont worry perfectly normal.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Dimming the brightness doesn't turn off the screen, it turns off the backlight. What you see is the image on the screen with the backlight turned off...totally normal. If you shut down, it will go away. If not, THEN you have a problem.
Great job. You beat me to it.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
snoslicer8

snoslicer8 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive

Also, if you're in a dark area, you can see the light of the Apple logo on the front of the LCD lid shine through the LCD screen. Freaks me out every time I see it on mine.

MacBook Air Unibody Core i5 1.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, iPhone 4S 32 GB White
QUOTE Thanks
dcwang3

dcwang3 is on a distinguished road

no, I know dimming the brightness all the way down, I can still see what is on my desktop, but I'm talking about if I just have a black screen (like a black image as my background), I notice what seems to be screen burn or something like it near the middle of my screen...

If it is indeed screen burn, what needs to be down with the LCD? Can they replace it without replacing the entire computer? By having "screen burn" (I'm pretty sure that's my case), would it be a problem in the future?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mikesmith2

mikesmith2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac

I did'nt think lcd screens suffered with screen burn like the old phosphor type.
QUOTE Thanks
Littlejohn

Littlejohn is on a distinguished road

Holy-geez, snoslicer8... you're right.

I was freaking out about the apple logo "shadow" on my screen. ...with the sun hitting the back of it (open lid). I ran my hand behind the screen and the logo shadow disappeared.

I'll be ok now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trackpad Clicker Help | Perplexed by Hard Drive issues with my iBook G4, B-tree?Diskwarrior?Hard drive?Ideas? »