armando
    Apple Store Questions.
    I am planning on buying a g4 1Ghz 12" ibook with 768megs of ram, Airport, Bluetooth and a 60gig Hd. I stopped into the apple store the other day to have a look around and asked one of the reps about getting a custom ibook with the 60 gig hd and the the bluetooth and airport and the upgraded ram. He told me that they don't do hard drive upgrades in the store and I would have to go to the apple store online to order the laptop with the bigger hard drive. Is this true? Another question I have is where does the apple store ship from. Is it cupertino, CA. I'm just curious how long I have to except for shipping to southern california. Thanks in Advance,

Armando

vuschejan
    Quote Originally Posted by armando
    I am planning on buying a g4 1Ghz 12" ibook with 768megs of ram, Airport, Bluetooth and a 60gig Hd. I stopped into the apple store the other day to have a look around and asked one of the reps about getting a custom ibook with the 60 gig hd and the the bluetooth and airport and the upgraded ram. He told me that they don't do hard drive upgrades in the store and I would have to go to the apple store online to order the laptop with the bigger hard drive. Is this true? Another question I have is where does the apple store ship from. Is it cupertino, CA. I'm just curious how long I have to except for shipping to southern california. Thanks in Advance,

Armando
    I live in Raleigh, North Carolina and I got it in 2 days from taiwan

armando
    Quote Originally Posted by vuschejan
    I live in Raleigh, North Carolina and I got it in 2 days from taiwan
    Did you upgrade the shipping at all? I can't stand waiting but I know if I get the one from the actual apple store in the mall I will regret not getting the 60 gig hard drive.

vuschejan
    Did you upgrade the shipping at all? I can't stand waiting but I know if I get the one from the actual apple store in the mall I will regret not getting the 60 gig hard drive.
    Nope didnt upgrade the shipping

armando
    Did you get the stock ibook or did you get any upgrades?

vuschejan
    Did you get the stock ibook or did you get any upgrades?
    I got the Airport Extreme Upgrade

armando
    Anyone else have any idea about the HD upgrades done at the actual mac stores?

VastDeathmaster
    I don't think the Apple store will do repairs or upgrades. They will send the computer out somewhere to have the work done. That is probably why your store says they don't customize. There stock may be very specific/generic versions of the hardware. I'd say updrade the harddrive through the Apple website, and then order the memory seperately through someone like Kingston or Crucial.

Thread Information