New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Will a Macbook run this game?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nremondelli

nremondelli is an unknown at this point

I'm not a heavy gamer but I really want the ability to play this game...The Movies...in bootcamp

Here are the specs:

System Requirements

- A version of Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 98SE/ME/2000/XP
- Pentium(R) III 800 MHz or Athlon(TM) 800MHz processor or higher
- 256MB RAM
- 8x Speed CD-ROM drive and latest drivers
- 2.4 GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 500MB for Windows(R) swap file)
- 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- 100% Windows(R) 98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
- DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)
- Updated Windows Media(R) Player 9 Codecs (included)
- 800 x 600 Monitor Resolution
- 3D Hardware Accelerator Card required - 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c compatible 32MB Hardware T&L-capable video card and latest drivers*

Supported Graphics Cards:
ATI(TM) Radeon(R) series (7000 or better).
7000, 7200, 7500
9000, 9200, 9250, 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800
x300, x600, x700, x800, x850

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) series (GeForce 3 or better).
GeForce 3, 3 Ti
GeForce 4, MX, Ti
GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, PCX 5300, 5750, 5950
GeForce 6200, 6600, 6800

Important Note: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by The Movies(TM). Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0c compatibility.

Online Requirements: Internet (TCP/IP) supported Online content requires broadband connection and the latest drivers.
QUOTE Thanks
nirvana

nirvana has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, Apple TV

The GMA 950 doesn't have T&L support. The GMA x3100 found in the santa rosa Macbooks does. In saying that i used to run the first movies game on my old Windows laptop which had a GMA 900 and it seemed to run ok.

Crack that whip…..liquorish whip.
QUOTE Thanks
nremondelli

nremondelli is an unknown at this point

so then I guess it should run. The question is his well?
QUOTE Thanks
nirvana

nirvana has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, Apple TV

Oh yer it will run. I remember having it set to full resolution not sure about the texture detail etc but i remember it being totally playable.

Crack that whip…..liquorish whip.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And it should be noted, anytime you put a piece of software on a system that does not meet or barely meets the minimum spec requirements of the application - and in particular 3D games - you're taking a chance with your money.

Some systems have better success than others.

But typically, if it does not meet the minimum specs, you will get no help from the developer at all.

Have not checked the price of this game, but for me, I'll take the chance with $5-10 for a game I want. But don't have any use for more $20-50 paperweights when it is telling me right on the outside of the box it will be unsupported.

If you can find a trial or demo version you can download and try before you buy, that would be a very good idea.

edit: and from Lionhead Studio's website - here is a list of the sites where you can get a demo

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
jhartford6

jhartford6 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT

Yes, it will run easily. Those specs are sooooo basic.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Book Pro Battery | Ram upgrade »