the_don
    12" pBook screen
    I'm looking to get a pBook, and the 15" is just too expensive, so I'm looking at the 12". But, I've heard that the 12" pBook screen sucks from alot of reviews (b/c it is the same as the iBook screen). However, all of those reviews are for the Rev. A 12" pBook. I haven't seen any reviews for Rev. C pBooks, but lately I've heard that the screens are almost as good as the 17" now. Is this true? Did Apple upgrade the screens in the Rev. C 12" pBook, or are ppl just seeing things. Tkanks.

the_don
    bump?

12" pBook screen
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I think the best thing to do is go see the powerbook in person. That should help you in your decision process.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Brigrat
    The 12 inch does not have the same screen as the iBook, it is the same Active Matrix screen as the other PB's

octohunter
    12" powerbook screen
    I upgraded from a G3 ibook to the 12" G4 powerbook. I was quite hesitant to go with such a small screen. Worrying was a waste of time. I love the small screen. I see the 15" models and they just take up the world. Plus the screens are more fragile.

menace3054
    my 12" pb has a great screen

MoltenLava
    From what I can see the screens are identical between iBook and Powerbook. They are both active matrix TFT. It's hard to find a laptop that doesn't have TFT these days.

The quality of screen is very good. The deciding factor would be whether you can live with 1024x768 resolution or not.

mac_noobie
    I have a 12" PB and I was worried about screen size as well, but it really hasn't bothered me at all and its very sharp, I am satisfied with it!

But if you'd like you can check them out at a comp usa or Apple store.

Good Luck with your choice.

PinkPhishDoors
    If it will be your main mac, you can get a docking station and using a nice big monitor when your at home.
    here are some options
    http://www.photo-control.com/bookendz/be03g412.htm
    http://www.technowarehousellc.com/powdocstat.html

they are a bit expensive, but you can get a monitor free. http://www.getfreeforum.com/forums/i...stuff&act=home

TylerMoney
    the screen works great for me...if you're going 12", you'll have to deal with a smaller size. But it looks great. the iBooks have a decent screen too...the main thing is the style and power difference.

12" pBook screen
    Specs:
    PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
    I just bought a PowerBook G4 and it has not arrived yet from Tawain. I was wondering if it is going to have Mac OS X Panther or if it will have Mac OS X Jaguar? I ordered it on Saturday August 28th 2004...and I customized so is Panther standard or no, just in G5's?

Matt
    Yes, I am 90 % sure all new Apple machines come with Panther as standard.

Thread Information