New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

12" pBook screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the_don

I'm looking to get a pBook, and the 15" is just too expensive, so I'm looking at the 12". But, I've heard that the 12" pBook screen sucks from alot of reviews (b/c it is the same as the iBook screen). However, all of those reviews are for the Rev. A 12" pBook. I haven't seen any reviews for Rev. C pBooks, but lately I've heard that the screens are almost as good as the 17" now. Is this true? Did Apple upgrade the screens in the Rev. C 12" pBook, or are ppl just seeing things. Tkanks.
QUOTE Thanks
the_don

bump?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I think the best thing to do is go see the powerbook in person. That should help you in your decision process.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Brigrat

The 12 inch does not have the same screen as the iBook, it is the same Active Matrix screen as the other PB's
QUOTE Thanks
octohunter

I upgraded from a G3 ibook to the 12" G4 powerbook. I was quite hesitant to go with such a small screen. Worrying was a waste of time. I love the small screen. I see the 15" models and they just take up the world. Plus the screens are more fragile.
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

my 12" pb has a great screen
QUOTE Thanks
MoltenLava

From what I can see the screens are identical between iBook and Powerbook. They are both active matrix TFT. It's hard to find a laptop that doesn't have TFT these days.

The quality of screen is very good. The deciding factor would be whether you can live with 1024x768 resolution or not.
QUOTE Thanks
mac_noobie

I have a 12" PB and I was worried about screen size as well, but it really hasn't bothered me at all and its very sharp, I am satisfied with it!

But if you'd like you can check them out at a comp usa or Apple store.

Good Luck with your choice.
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

If it will be your main mac, you can get a docking station and using a nice big monitor when your at home.
here are some options
http://www.photo-control.com/bookendz/be03g412.htm
http://www.technowarehousellc.com/powdocstat.html

they are a bit expensive, but you can get a monitor free. http://www.getfreeforum.com/forums/i...stuff&act=home
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

the screen works great for me...if you're going 12", you'll have to deal with a smaller size. But it looks great. the iBooks have a decent screen too...the main thing is the style and power difference.
QUOTE Thanks
aantoine90

aantoine90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM

I just bought a PowerBook G4 and it has not arrived yet from Tawain. I was wondering if it is going to have Mac OS X Panther or if it will have Mac OS X Jaguar? I ordered it on Saturday August 28th 2004...and I customized so is Panther standard or no, just in G5's?
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

Yes, I am 90 % sure all new Apple machines come with Panther as standard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help plug in | water spill on ibook...eeeek »