New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

adding airport extreme to ibook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

terpfan

terpfan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!

A good friend of mine just bought an ibook, she was going to get an powerbook but price was an issue and her dad wanted her to get the ibook instead. I have been helping her as she isnt very good with computers aside from using it, and is making the switch. So since the ibook came stock (she bought it at an apple store), I realized that she wouldn't have the airport extreme card and 512 ram. How difficult is it to install these two items. Is it possible to add the airport extreme to the ibook at all? I would think it would be because you can add wireless cards to pc's but not sure about internal. Also how difficult is it to add memory? I want to help her do this all before I go off to college and she does too. Thanks a lot in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

both ram and ae card can be installed yourself

for instructions, go here http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/doityourself/
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Adding both upgrades is quite easy, so you shouldn't have any trouble with them. In fact, the owner's manual should have instructions and a diagram to help you out, and once you lift the keyboard, there should be another diagram underneath.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
MoltenLava

Yes, the upgrade is very easy. One thing you need to be _very_ careful is not to bend the keyboard. The keyboard is attached on very light aluminum panel. The problem of aluminum is they can dent very easily. Make sure you don't bend them more than necessary, or you'll end up with something very unpleasant. (think of crushed aluminum can) Be especially careful not to bend three tabs on the bottom of the keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Sounds like someone has experience with alu can keyboards, eh molten?
QUOTE Thanks
MoltenLava

Let's just say I was very close needing a new set of keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« UPdate problem!!1 | 12 inch Powerbook »