OK, now that I've solved my issue. Next question, Gaming?
    Hello.

Alright, I'm just wondering what the gaming threshold on a Macbook Pro 15" 2.2GHz, 128 VRAM would be...

I'm not looking to run Crysis or anything...But, Doom 3 would be nice, Oblivion would be nice, Even Quake Wars would be nice...

Would it be possible to run those games? Even on lower settings...I'm not overly interested in crazy graphics...I just want to be able to play.

I can't seem to justify spending an extra $500 on a slightly faster processor and double the VRAM.

Thanks.

Specs:
    MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
    All the games you listed run fine on the low line MBP with most or all the graphics maxed. No idea about Crysis though

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz212 View Post
    Hello.

Alright, I'm just wondering what the gaming threshold on a Macbook Pro 15" 2.2GHz, 128 VRAM would be...

I'm not looking to run Crysis or anything...But, Doom 3 would be nice, Oblivion would be nice, Even Quake Wars would be nice...

Would it be possible to run those games? Even on lower settings...I'm not overly interested in crazy graphics...I just want to be able to play.

I can't seem to justify spending an extra $500 on a slightly faster processor and double the VRAM.

Thanks.
    Just get an Xbox 360 or Ps3 which are better for gaming anyways,

peace

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by tears2040 View Post
    Just get an Xbox 360 or Ps3 which are better for gaming anyways,

peace
    meh, why buy an expensive console when you can game on hardware you already own? Plus, some people, like me prefer gaming on computers over consoles because gaming using a mouse and keyboard is an entirely different (and better IMHO) experience than using a game controller. If you don't care bout the latest and greatest games and insane graphics running faster than you could ever hope your eyes and brain or TV to actually process, than gaming on a computer is pretty good. But if you're a real hard core gamer, a console is the way to go.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

All those games will work. I just watched a vid on Youtube of a 2.4GHz MBP with Bootcamp running Unreal Tournament 3 at an average of 45 frames per second with all settings 'cept resolution maxed out (No AA, but AA's overrated anyway). No, it's not the 2.2GHz, but I seriously, seriously doubt .2Ghz makes a huge difference.

Thread Information