Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2007
    Posts
    48
    Need Quick Advice..!
    ok i just got a black macbook 2.2 last wednesday at bestbuy online and i picked it up at the store and now there is one dead pixel on the screen that really bugs me because i pay alot for this and this was my first laptop and i love it if apple refuse to fix a dead pixel will it just be best to return it to bestbuy and just get my money back and just buy a new one because bestbuys policy is that computer/laptops need to be returned within 14 days of purches..im not sure whats the best way to do this..i already called apple about this they told me to call appel store near me and i havent got the time to go there so if apple near me dont want to fix a singel dead pixel my best thing to do is return it before the 14days expire return..so what should i do?
    im not in a hurry to get my macbook back or get my money back then but a new one again just want it befor christmas..

    thanks..

    ps sorry if this is the wrong place to post this move to correct..

  2. #2

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,900
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecook View Post
    ok i just got a black macbook 2.2 last wednesday at bestbuy online and i picked it up at the store and now there is one dead pixel on the screen that really bugs me because i pay alot for this and this was my first laptop and i love it if apple refuse to fix a dead pixel will it just be best to return it to bestbuy and just get my money back and just buy a new one because bestbuys policy is that computer/laptops need to be returned within 14 days of purches..im not sure whats the best way to do this..i already called apple about this they told me to call appel store near me and i havent got the time to go there so if apple near me dont want to fix a singel dead pixel my best thing to do is return it before the 14days expire return..so what should i do?
    im not in a hurry to get my macbook back or get my money back then but a new one again just want it befor christmas..

    thanks..

    ps sorry if this is the wrong place to post this move to correct..
    Whew... did you get a breath in there?

    I think you pretty much answered your own question. Ask Best Buy to exchange it for another one that doesn't have dead pixels. If they won't do that, just return it and then buy another.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2007
    Posts
    48
    lol yeah thanks..i know ..but yeah thanks man..also dose any one have dead pixels on there laptops? do you just live with it or you got it exchange of replace from warrenty

  4. #4

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,900
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecook View Post
    lol yeah thanks..i know ..but yeah thanks man..also dose any one have dead pixels on there laptops? do you just live with it or you got it exchange of replace from warrenty
    I haven't seen an LCD panel with dead pixels in some time. Now that they're more commonplace, the manufacturing process are more refined. But to answer your question, no, I don't have any dead pixels in my MacBook Pro - not even in my el-cheapo AOC 17" LCD that is attached to my PC. I don't think you should have to live with it. I'm pretty sure Apple will want to replace the screen, which could take some time.

    I'd do just as you suggested and hold Best Buy accountable within the 14-day return period.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2007
    Posts
    44
    I have one on my iBook. Actually it is a stuck pixel. Lit up like a Christmas tree. Anyway, Apple refused to return it the next day. there policy is/was something like 7 dead pixels. i could have returned it and paid the 10% open box fee, but I decided to live with it. it bothered me, but I lived with it.

    With that being said, I plan on purchasing a new on in a few weeks. If there is a stuck/dead pixel I would return it...even if it meant paying the 10%. Best Buy should give you no problems. They are good about that stuff. Apple retail on the other hand...

  6. #6

    nick/chuck's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 02, 2007
    Location
    Scranton
    Posts
    74
    Specs:
    2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
    i have 2 stuck pixels, apple refused to fix it. They claim you need 7 to get it fixed.

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2007
    Posts
    48
    Good thing I didnt get it from apple..well kind of.. i return it to best buy and im getting a new one later today..must check if theres a dead pixel befor I leave dont want drive back again.. Also what cause dead pixels any way? Is it because were you store it like if its hot/cold temperture that afects the screen?or this is just the way it was manafacture...and what do they do with the screens that have dead pixel? Do they fix or just recycel it and make new one?

  8. #8

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,900
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecook View Post
    Good thing I didnt get it from apple..well kind of.. i return it to best buy and im getting a new one later today..must check if theres a dead pixel befor I leave dont want drive back again.. Also what cause dead pixels any way? Is it because were you store it like if its hot/cold temperture that afects the screen?or this is just the way it was manafacture...and what do they do with the screens that have dead pixel? Do they fix or just recycel it and make new one?
    It's just a defect in the manufacturing process. It's less common than it once was, but it's not unheard of. My guess would be that it would be sent back to Apple and eventually end up sold as a refurbished unit. They may or may not replace the screen, depending on their refurbishment process.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is this a worthwhile buy/sell? Quick Advice please??
    By amandatennis23 in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 09:56 PM
  2. Having Problems...quick advice on re-install?
    By travisw in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 10:29 AM
  3. quick advice please.....
    By djjazzyjoe in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
  4. Quick advice on ibook purchase!
    By bschweit in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •