New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Intel Macbook 2Ghz Internal Microphone Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mscaramucci

mscaramucci is an unknown at this point

Hello everybody,
This my very first thread. I am having a very strange problem with my intel macbook.
I have had my macbook for now nearly a year, and I have experienced problems with internal microphone several times. I reported thi issue to apple and my macbook was picked up and taken to a service center for a couple of weeks and thouroughly tested and no faults were found.
Basically every time I start my macbook if I test the internal microphone output it doesn't seem to be picking up any sound at all.
After adjusting up and down the screen it starts working again. This happens everytime and has happened more often after re-installing the os/tiger.
Previous to re-installing the problem sometimes did not occur at all.
Yesterday I purchased the new leopard and I will be installing it soon hoping to solve, what it seems to me, the sound driver problem.
I also tested the sound with installation disk via THE HARDWARE test and no faults were found on several occasions.
This makes me think that there is a software problem but how can I be certain of that?
My 1 year guarantee has expired yesterday as well so I am no entitled to free support anymore.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mirco
QUOTE Thanks
mscaramucci

mscaramucci is an unknown at this point

Any suggestions from anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
aquinterop

aquinterop is on a distinguished road

Sorry if my english is not well, because im a mexican guy.

I had a problem like you just a couple of minutes ago, and I usually used to have software to give maintenance to my macbook pro, and my favorite is "ONYX", its freeware software and you can download as simple as put "download onyx" in google.

I executed and "automation", which is one of the special feature of Onyx, and I clicked all option there, the maintenance scrips, all the rebuilding features and the cleaning tasks.

When I logged again after the system restart (because after thouse tasks, you should restard Mac OS X), my internal microphone started to work as great as always.

Have fun and recover your microhpne again, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscaramucci View Post
Hello everybody,
This my very first thread. I am having a very strange problem with my intel macbook.
I have had my macbook for now nearly a year, and I have experienced problems with internal microphone several times. I reported thi issue to apple and my macbook was picked up and taken to a service center for a couple of weeks and thouroughly tested and no faults were found.
Basically every time I start my macbook if I test the internal microphone output it doesn't seem to be picking up any sound at all.
After adjusting up and down the screen it starts working again. This happens everytime and has happened more often after re-installing the os/tiger.
Previous to re-installing the problem sometimes did not occur at all.
Yesterday I purchased the new leopard and I will be installing it soon hoping to solve, what it seems to me, the sound driver problem.
I also tested the sound with installation disk via THE HARDWARE test and no faults were found on several occasions.
This makes me think that there is a software problem but how can I be certain of that?
My 1 year guarantee has expired yesterday as well so I am no entitled to free support anymore.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mirco
QUOTE Thanks
bluesix10

bluesix10 is on a distinguished road

Aquinterop,

Thanks, dude! I had the same problem and onyX fixed it for me.
QUOTE Thanks
manu.ferre

manu.ferre is on a distinguished road

In my case I did the maintenance twice, and it worked!

thank yo so much,

manu
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cannot get Diskwarrior to boot up!! | Considering Switch From iMac to MBP »