New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Skin application order?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thepachman

thepachman is on a distinguished road

Hi All!

SO I purchased two things for my new White Macbook - a macstyles that will cover the top of the macbook, and a bestskinsever total body skin that will cover the top, wrist pad and track pad.

My initial thought was that I should put the bestskinsever on first, since it's clear, but the more I think about it, the more I might put the macstyles first and protect it (and the rest of my laptop) on after with the total body skin.

Any one have any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
kuchiki

kuchiki has a spectacular aura about

not so sure if I understand correctly but you want to apply two different skins on one MB?
the bse skins are from what I've heard the same as the invisible shields. if so only the bse should be more than enough...
I suggest applying the bse skins at the bottom first.
this way you can practice putting them on. that's what I did with the invisible shields

edit: my fault...you don't have bottom shields...well...then I'd say go with the small ones first...the large top one is the toughest to apply.

My newly created blog: reviews, sites, giveaways and more! Home of iMountIt
www.daysofourmacbooks.blogspot.com
QUOTE Thanks
thepachman

thepachman is on a distinguished road

I've got a bse for protection, then a macstyle decal for the top...but I just realized the bse needs water to apply, so it would probably not work with the macstyle already there.
QUOTE Thanks
kuchiki

kuchiki has a spectacular aura about

I think it will work on the macstyle decal also but think applying the bse first is the better choice actually...this way if you ever get tired of your decal you just peel it off and still have protection that leaves the clean MB look

My newly created blog: reviews, sites, giveaways and more! Home of iMountIt
www.daysofourmacbooks.blogspot.com
QUOTE Thanks
wsw

wsw is on a distinguished road

Hello thepachman:
I am thinking of going the same route as you, with bse first & then the macstyles decal.
Please let us know how it worked out.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Corbri

Corbri will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g

That sounds like a good idea. If you get it all on and everything you should send a pic.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Slight pause after pressing enter | Warped lid »