New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Just got my new 14" iBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gdgrifflaw

OMG, I just got my new iBook the other day. Why would anyone use windows. I will never go back to a windows machine. If there are any lawyers out there, drop me a line.

Grant
QUOTE Thanks
mac*

Congratulations!!!!I will order one next week , by the way, what is spec of your ibook?why dont you choose 12" inch screen?
what software do you have, and you think is necessary for ibook
wouldyou upload some pics :rolleyes: that wouldbe really nice :p
QUOTE Thanks
gdgrifflaw

I have just under a gig of ram, a 50 gig harddrive and 1.2 gig processor. I went with the 14" since my eyes are not that great and it was not that much more for the bigger display. I don't think it weighs that much more either. As to software, I only have the Office:Mac loaded at this time. I plan to get dreamweaver and filemaker pro soon. I am a lawyer so I don't need any of that fancy software for movies or publishing things. Which is also why I did not pay double the price for the powerbook. I do plan to do my wordprocessing on the iBook and will be publishing my web pages with it. If there are programs that I need for my practice that I can not get which are written for the Mac, I may get VPC. Any more questions, just drop me a line.
QUOTE Thanks
mac*

As i am really new for mac, could mind tell me what is Vpc (Virtual PC), what it does,and where can i get it?(Free?)
QUOTE Thanks
gdgrifflaw

It is my understanding that VPC would enable you to run windows programs on your Mac. I don't any other way to get it than to pay for it.
QUOTE Thanks
pedXing

Congrats on ure new iBook!!! and welcome to the world of Mac... ..

once you go mac, you dont go back!! hehe
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ram upgrades? | G3 Wallstreet laptops, lots of questions »