How to protect the screen?
    Hi all,

I did try and search, but most threads were about how to protect a macbook pro in general.

I had a macbook for awhile, and after only a short time, there were little marks on the screen from the keyboard. How can I prevent this? I really want to keep the screen looking nice.

Am I being overly paranoid? Will a simple cleaning solution be enough?

I type a lot, so I don't know if something like the iSkin ProTouch would be a good idea -- I'd have to wash it every time I closed the lid!

Also, I'm thinking about geting the Marware Sportfolio Deluxe (the full case)... Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    ~sean

Specs:
    15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
    definitely don't use a cleaning solution that is not made for cleaning a lcd
    I would just use a damp soft cloth
    I was like this too when i first got my laptop...
    I always kept it spotless
    now... there are smudges all over my screen
    I guess I will clean them eventually

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."

Specs:
    MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
    How are you getting marks on the screen from the keyboard?? Unless maybe your sitting on top of your closed MBP???

Specs:
    MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrfyLube View Post
    How are you getting marks on the screen from the keyboard?? Unless maybe your sitting on top of your closed MBP???
    I was about to ask the same thing. I have NEVER gotten marks from my keyboard on the screen.

How are you storing your MBP? what if you just close the lid and open it? are the marks still there?

The design of the MacBook Pro recesses the screen enough that the keys should not touch the screen.
    KamileonX (Lawrence)
    MacBook Pro 15" (Glossy) Custom
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB OCZ DDR2 667 MHz RAM, 160 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, 256 MB GeForce 8600M GT Graphics, Mac OS X Leopard v10.5.2

Hehe... nope. I don't really know actually, and it's only one or two spots, I think.

They don't quite rub out all the way, so it's too hard to see if closing it once causes the problem. I would carry the macbook around in a laptop bag, but I would never put pressure on the screen or anything.

Well, I'm selling that one anyway, and the new one doesn't have any marks yet. Maybe that one was just a fluke? Should I not worry about a screen insert? (those little things you put between the keys and the screen when you close it)

~sean

I think you may have a look at this site, I ordered one for my MBP two weeks ago. It works more than I expected.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/produ...hp?category=pb

Specs:
    iMac, MBP
    Quote Originally Posted by seanhess View Post
    Hi all,

I did try and search, but most threads were about how to protect a macbook pro in general.

I had a macbook for awhile, and after only a short time, there were little marks on the screen from the keyboard. How can I prevent this? I really want to keep the screen looking nice.

Am I being overly paranoid? Will a simple cleaning solution be enough?

I type a lot, so I don't know if something like the iSkin ProTouch would be a good idea -- I'd have to wash it every time I closed the lid!

Also, I'm thinking about geting the Marware Sportfolio Deluxe (the full case)... Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    ~sean
    Why don't you just use the thin foam packaging that came in between your keyboard and screen....it protects the whole area

Thread Information