New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - MacBook with 4GB RAM

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

peleshot

peleshot is on a distinguished road

Finally got the refund and purchased the new MacBook. Since I saw 2GB sticks for a reasonable price, I decided to upgrade it. After upgrading, I immediately tried it out and yeah, it became faster. But then I noticed something. It started becoming abnormally hot. This never happened when I was using 2GB RAM. Is this heat because of the RAM? Maybe too much power?

I figured I'd switch back to 2GB anyway because 4GB on the MacBook was kinda overkill. I've also decided to compare the mid and late 2007 MacBooks(Since I've used them both). There is a very little increase in speed but games looked and performed the same way. Late 2007 MacBook felt hotter and seemed noisier(but it was still quiet) than the Mid 2007 one.
QUOTE Thanks
Justin Cope

Justin Cope is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2003 17" Powerbook G4 1ghz, 1GB ram, 60GB hdd.

Could be this?
http://www.tuaw.com/2006/06/05/suppo...nt-is-blocked/

What are the 2GB sticks you purchased clocked at? I believe heat could become an issue if they're clocked too high.

Also MBPs run hot because they are quiet. Meaning the fans don't come on too often. They gave up coolness for quietness. There are many ways to remedy this if you'd like, but this link can probably help...

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/10...ok_fan_cooler/

"What do you mean your computer's hooked up directly to the net with no firewall?!"
**I love all apples.**
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« viewing: b/w reversed out - problem - help!? | Pricing in Canada »