New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - desktop F11 key missing on new macbooks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schrutefarm

schrutefarm is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I just got one of the 2.2ghz macbooks, and since they changed the F keys, there doesn't even seem to be one that shows just the desktop, like on the older macbooks you would press the F11 key to view yr desktop, anyone know the method on the new macbooks? It's a method I am using a lot. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Justin Cope

Justin Cope is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2003 17" Powerbook G4 1ghz, 1GB ram, 60GB hdd.

I have a powerbook and rarely use F11 anyway, I would just use magic corners if I were you. I assume they have them in leopard...

"What do you mean your computer's hooked up directly to the net with no firewall?!"
**I love all apples.**
QUOTE Thanks
schrutefarm

schrutefarm is on a distinguished road

just got on system preferences and made my f5 key do it Thnks!
QUOTE Thanks
bence8810

bence8810 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 1.6 - iMac 20" for the wife

Hi

I am with Justin Cope on this one, the magic corner things works better in my preference. I have it set for Desktop - All Apps - ScreenSaver - Disable ScreenSaver.

Cheers

Ben
QUOTE Thanks
opus_az

opus_az has a spectacular aura about

Isn't F3 the new expose key?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306843

iMac, MB, MB Air, nano
QUOTE Thanks
jmurph

jmurph is on a distinguished road

I know I'm posting years after the original post, but I just got a new MacBook and really missed the F11 desktop function. To fix this go to: system preferences: keyboard and mouse: keyboard: select "use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys"
Hope this helps!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

i I hold down fn and hit F11 it shows my desktop.. both on my mbp and my wifes new macbook

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Clamshell charging problems! | Macbook + LCD TV help »