That was a little weird...
    Specs:
    15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
    Unhappy That was a little weird...
    Ok...
    I was browsing the forums and then went to go eat breakfast.
    All I left open was Finder, Firefox, Safari, and Adium. I got back from breakfast. My screensaver was running and the fans were at full speed.
    I quickly opened up dashboard to take a look at iStat Pro and found that my CPU was at 77*C. I tried to open Activity Monitor to see what was using my computer like that, and all it did was bounce in the dock. I tried to open system preferences, and all it did was bounce in the dock. Any thing I tried to open, just bounced in the dock. I then went to the apple menu to restart my computer, and it did not come up. However, everything I left open was running fine. (I could still browse the forums, etc.) I had to restart by holding down my power button. Now everything is back to normal.

What in the world just happened to my computer?

btw: See sig for specs

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."

Are you running leopard?

I'm not too familiar with the OS yet, but I've experienced and read about a lot of quirks with it. My keyboard routinely stops responding after I bring it out of sleep, and recently my Adobe CS3 apps all refuse to quit or undo (eek)but otherwise function perfectly.

Also, the fan control is nuts and sometimes my fans go ape for no reason or don't go ape enough for a real reason.

Hopefully some of this stuff will be resolved. I know I bought a product with an OS that is two weeks on the market, but I was expecting a much more reliable operation.

I'm crossing my fingers for leopard updates. Tiger didn't do all that did it?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
    Yeah I had the same heat issue. Leopard sucks, lol!

While browsing the web it got up to 90* and the fans were still sitting at 3500 RPM. I had to use a program to crank them up to 6,000 RPM. It cooled down to 32* pretty quickly. * = degree Celcius

Leopard also broke my FireWire. >:O

Specs:
    15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
    I am running leopard.
    Im not really experiencing that many problems with it either.
    I had the keyboard problem once and this fan problem once too
    I consider myself pretty lucky
    However, leopard does not control the fans (does it?) I always thought it was the firmware for system management controller that did it.

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."

Thread Information