New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Weird audio device problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

90hertz

90hertz is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I have a very specific Problem with my MBP.

During unplugging my external speakers the plug is broken and stayed in the socket. So my MBP thinks that external speakers are plugged all the time. Ergo the built-in speakers are switched off. My Question is: How can I reactivate the built-in speakers?

Does anybody of you have any idea how to fix it?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english !
QUOTE Thanks
90hertz

no idea?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If you're really looking for an answer to this......

Get the plug out of the socket.
If tweezers won't do it, you'll have to take it apart.
And if you can't do that, take it to the nearest geek or store and have them do it.

Or, you can leave the plug sitting in there, take apart your MBP and see if you can figure out how to disable the hardware mechanism that detects when you have speakers or headphones plugged into it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
kkelly122

kkelly122 is a jewel in the roughkkelly122 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP l iPhone l iPod

get a toothpick and dab the ti with super-glue. be very careful and put the toothpick right in the middle of the plug which broke in half. let it sit for a couple of minutes and see if it is loose enough to pull out. if this doesn't work then you probably need to a computer repair store.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkelly122 View Post
get a toothpick and dab the ti with super-glue. be very careful and put the toothpick right in the middle of the plug which broke in half. let it sit for a couple of minutes and see if it is loose enough to pull out.
what he said - good one kelly

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
tweaked

tweaked is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hertz View Post
Hey,

I have a very specific Problem with my MBP.

During unplugging my external speakers the plug is broken and stayed in the socket. So my MBP thinks that external speakers are plugged all the time. Ergo the built-in speakers are switched off. My Question is: How can I reactivate the built-in speakers?

Does anybody of you have any idea how to fix it?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english !
You should be able to select your internal speakers via.. applications/utilities/audio midi setup
QUOTE Thanks
90hertz

Bild 2.png

I tried the thing with the audio-midi-setup.app but there are no more options in the pulldownmenus...

Bild 3.png

I think the point is really to remove the plug. But it will cost circa 100 . Thats definitley to much - Im a college student.

There must be an possibility to deactivate this switch in the tunnel with a software.

Do you see any chance?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 1GB to 2GB RAM, worth it? | Mysterious battery charging issue »