New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - iBook DEAD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

giantgreengoat

giantgreengoat is on a distinguished road

I was plugging in the old iBook the other day and there was a little resistance in the power receptacle in the box, well it was really late and the baby was crying and I sort of just jammed it in. So, now it powered all the way down to death and doom and it will not take a charge from the outlet. Any suggestions? I know this is weird and stupid, but I would really like to figure this out and fix it. I looked in the socket and I don't see anything amiss. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
MacKid

MacKid is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB

It might just be your DC input. I don't know the specs of your iBook, but putting in a new one is quite easy. ifixit.com has some awesome guides to do it yourself. You can buy the part at

http://www.powerbookguy.com/xcart/ca...p-1-c-310.html

I personally know the owner, it's a respectable company. I work on Macs on the side and I can tell you that you can do it yourself.
QUOTE Thanks
giantgreengoat

Thanks, the box is a dual USB G3 600 dual USB. I can't believe what I did. Thanks for the info. I'm a little unclear as to the part on the list. I really don't even know what I need.
QUOTE Thanks
MacKid

MacKid is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB

You need to purchase the G3 iBook 12-inch DC-In Board. Did you get a chance to look at ifixit.com?
QUOTE Thanks
giantgreengoat

Yes. Well, it looked all pretty epic so right now I'm going to stick with my functional Linux boxes and then either sell it "as is" or use it for parts. It appears to be straight forward, but right now I just lack the time to accomplish the undertaking. Thank you though for all of you information.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Weird sound whe i open the lid of my New Macbook from sleep | processor upgrade? »