Know of any reliable repair sites?
    In a series of various and sundry and heart breaking events, I broke the screen on my Macbook Pro (totally my fault, totally stupid). I have the 15" glossy and it's less than a year old. There aren't any breaks in the case, it's just the screen (it hit the corner of a plastic drawer) and when I hooked it up to my roommate's monitor, it appears that the computer itself is fine. It didn't fall very far (it actually slid onto a carpeted area), it was just that the screen had a point of impact on the way down.

I called Apple and the woman on the phone suggested that I find an Apple certified repair site to fix it. I've been calling around and most places are $600-$700. I found a few sites online (macservice.com, techrestore.com) that are around $500 for the repair. Does anyone have any experience with these sites? Are they reliable, or should I pay more to try and use a local place?

Thanks in advance.

Regarding TechRestore
    Hello,

Just a few points about TechRestore repairs - we include a 1-year warranty vs. most other companies 90-day warranty (even Apple only gives a 90-day).

We use the same LCD screens that Apple does. We'll get your repair done within 24-hours of receiving it (M-F)

We've repaired thousands of Macs - see what our previous customers have to say here: http://techrestore.com/feedback.shtml

And although I admit to being biased, I know you'll have a great experience dealing with TechRestore.

Visit http://techrestore.com or call 1-888-572-7372

Best,
    Shannon Jean
    Founder
    TechRestore, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by hunnybunny View Post
    In a series of various and sundry and heart breaking events, I broke the screen on my Macbook Pro (totally my fault, totally stupid). I have the 15" glossy and it's less than a year old. There aren't any breaks in the case, it's just the screen (it hit the corner of a plastic drawer) and when I hooked it up to my roommate's monitor, it appears that the computer itself is fine. It didn't fall very far (it actually slid onto a carpeted area), it was just that the screen had a point of impact on the way down.

I called Apple and the woman on the phone suggested that I find an Apple certified repair site to fix it. I've been calling around and most places are $600-$700. I found a few sites online (macservice.com, techrestore.com) that are around $500 for the repair. Does anyone have any experience with these sites? Are they reliable, or should I pay more to try and use a local place?

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
    15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
    I have heard really great things about "Mac Service"
    http://macservice.com/index.html

You can get your screen replaced for only $495
    they also send you a shipping container for your laptop and include a complementary cleaning and diagnostic of your computer

If this were to happen to my computer I would definitely use Mac Service

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."

Thread Information