New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Faults

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jezster

jezster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G

Hi All,

Just wanted to know your opinion on this.

My Macbook Pro is 2.5 months old and started to just freeze when working in iLife. I reported this to apple who told me to send it to a service agent for repair. I did this and luckily found a company two offices down from where I work.

I booked in the Mac and they took it. After about 3 days they called and told me the logic board was faulty. They had ordered a replacement and it would be in next day. The part arrived, it was fitted and found to be Dead On Arrival. Excellent I thought another week of no computer. They ordered another board.

So one week later I get a call, the logic board in and we have fitted it... only problem is that it's DOA (AGAIN!!). So I call apple and they point blank refuse to replace the machine... Should I push for a replacement computer as mine has now been dead for 2.5 weeks with no replacement spare during this period? I have lost confidence in Apple after sales care...

Jez
QUOTE Thanks
kkelly122

kkelly122 is a jewel in the roughkkelly122 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP l iPhone l iPod

you should just take it to the nearest apple store and talk to someone in person and not to someone over the phone. imo i think the person at the apple store will give you a new one.
QUOTE Thanks
chat19

chat19 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600

logic boards in the 2.2 mpb are wicked problem prone

"We, the Chinese people, draft the entire Woo-Tang Clan!"
QUOTE Thanks
JerrfyLube

JerrfyLube is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chat19 View Post
logic boards in the 2.2 mpb are wicked problem prone
Got any credible references to back that up???
QUOTE Thanks
jezster

Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G

Well the third board has just failed and Apple have agreed to recover the MBP. I have replaced it with a new Macbook Black 2.2Ghz. Lets hope this is the end of my Apple problems...

I've never had computer problems before and to be honest if this device is a problem I'm going to save my money. Thanks for all your comments.
QUOTE Thanks
husky

husky is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.2 GHz, 2gb RAM, 120gb HD

delete

"even in our darkest hour you must remember, never despair." - Harry Vardon
QUOTE Thanks
jezster

OK... Well Apple took back the laptop and refunded my money. I have to be honest the whole process was very easy and Apple customer services are excellent. Once the money hit the credit card I returned to the website and ordered the following: -

Macbook Black C2D 2.2
2Gig Ram
250Gig Drive
Leopard
iLife'08
Apple care for MB
HP all-in-one printer (free )
iPod classic 80gig
Incase for MB (free as well)
Mini-DVI to DVI cable (also free)

It cost less than the MBP and the computer is amazing. I have finally found a laptop and OS that provides me with everything I need. I've purchased iWork'08 now and that just Rocks.

All is well that ends well...

Jez.
QUOTE Thanks
Hades

Hades is on a distinguished road

Thats a pretty sweet deal (all the free stuff) I'm Canadian and not a student and the unit your talking about would just about cost me $2000.00 here all by itself,no free anything.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« pixel question | Powerbook Screen trouble »