New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Cracking cases

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cowasaki

cowasaki is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.

We have three Macbooks in our household all of which are under a year old. My wife's laptop is the older and it has cracked along the front of the palm rest. My daughter's laptop which is only about 2 months old has developed a crack along the front! Both of them have been well looked after and not subject to any knocks or bangs.

It is not a very good hit rate is it? And just to compound things my wireless keyboard has just packed up too!

Good job I was going to the Apple store tomorrow to get my family pack of leopard!! I wonder how much I am going to have to argue to get the cases sorted out!

Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.
QUOTE Thanks
amrk47

amrk47 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM

if it is still under 1 year warranty they will fix it no problem
QUOTE Thanks
mac747

mac747 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD

Both of ours did that. They replaced the keyboards and we had them back in our hands in a day.

Its a known issue and supposedly the new keyboard won't do it again. At least that is what they told me.

T
QUOTE Thanks
cowasaki

Mac Specs: Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.

Lets hope so, I have bought 3 macbooks, a mac mini, keyboard, mouse, a mac pro, 3 ipods, loads of software and loads of upgrades from them in the last year so I think they owe me !!

Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.
QUOTE Thanks
cowasaki

Dropped off the 2 Macbooks and wireless keyboard which they booked in on the wednesday. They handed me the keyboard back and asked me to bring it in again when I collect the macbooks. They also noticed that when my Mac mini was repaired it did not have the serial number programmed into the motherboard.

Two days later I got a call from Apple who had booked me a double appointment and I called in later that day. Both macbooks had been repaired and cleaned and looked like new. I had a new keyboard and whilst this was being sorted they took my mac mini out the back and sorted the serial number issue. Collected my leopard family pack too.

All in all a very good experience. Far better than the experience I had the first time the mac mini failed - It took 3.5 weeks to fix because they couldn't get the part! They did fix it which most companies wouldn't have done (I spilled a whole cartridge full of ink all over it!!)

QUOTE Thanks
Sylvie

Sylvie is on a distinguished road

Well I just noticed my new mac book is cracked. It's only 3 months old and I've not travelled with it at all. Its been sitting on my desk since then So abuse is not the case. Im off to my mac dealer to get it checked out.

I don't have much hope. I hope they prove me wrong!!

Updates to follow.
QUOTE Thanks
cowasaki

From my experience they will just fix it without problem.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ibook Battery\Start up problems | Ethernet Broken - Would AppleCare cover this? »