New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Which one?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gamer

Okay high, I'm going into college and I know how good the iBook is with it's rubber mounted hard drive and bullot proof plastic. I like it, but I need some more power and was thinking of a powerbook they look good and have a sturdy case to them that is about all I know about there construction. I was wondering if the Powerbook has some of these same sturdy constuction features of the iBook?

P.S.- Remember it has to liver throught my backpack with heavy books banging against it and my busy life with out marking the screen first time out.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

From what i've heard, the build quality of the PB is just as good as that of the ibook, plus the casing is a robust aluminium, which should withstand life inside a rucksack...

But maybe just get the PB and a protective cover for it (www.tucano.it has some nice ones available through apple.com)
QUOTE Thanks
daxdagr8t

i have a 12inpb, and i bring it to school everyday.i think the pb is as just durable or even durable than the ibook.i mean as long as you protect it properly then u dont have to worry about it gettiong banged up.a nice padded laptop bag will do.
QUOTE Thanks
the_New_guy

the_New_guy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich
From what i've heard, the build quality of the PB is just as good as that of the ibook, plus the casing is a robust aluminium, which should withstand life inside a rucksack...
i think the pb is made of titanium not aluminum,

Mac OSX is the bomb :bomb:
The Gadget Cast Gadgets.in
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

No its an Aluminum case. The previous generation of PowerBooks are Titanium.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

yurp, the new are aluminium.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« car charger for iBook?? | iCook for IBM 750FX processor based iBooks »