New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - 17" Buy Now or hold on for Jan

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Badley

Badley is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.6Ghz, 4.0Gb, 200Gb (7200), High-Res Glossy, Adobe CS3 Std, Office and VMFusion (Solidworks)

Hi all, new here,

I've been wanting to buy a 17" MBP for some time now. I have waited for Leopard, now should I wait till Jan for new the MBP?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Badley
QUOTE Thanks
Mo_274

Mo_274 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black

hmm, I havent read any confirmation on MBP upgrades date, where did u get your info?

MBPs have been upgraded recently and the current config is pretty good IMO, I think waiting for leopard was a good idea but if you need the machine I'd say go for it now. Depending on your usage i guess current versions are good for another couple of years
QUOTE Thanks
Sennec

Sennec will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Atleast wait till tomorrow, there might be some news when Leopard is released.

Another stain on the sidewalk.
QUOTE Thanks
Badley

Mac Specs: MBP 2.6Ghz, 4.0Gb, 200Gb (7200), High-Res Glossy, Adobe CS3 Std, Office and VMFusion (Solidworks)

I'm currently a PC user, however I have used OSX quite a bit. There are currently nail marks in my desk due to the frustration of XP and it would seem no new pc has quite the same power as a basic MBP. My A-series Sony Vaio has lasted my three years, but their newer products look rubbish.

I'm very eager to get a MBP but with Apple releasing a new ipod every week ;-) I thought I should hold off.

I'll see what is said tomorrow with the release of Leopard, which I have to say looks rather tasty!!

Now all it need now is Solidworks to work on OSX

Thanks folks
QUOTE Thanks
Badley

Ok, I would seem no news about the new MBP range, so I'm going ahead and buying one.

Thanks for the help
QUOTE Thanks
Mac_OS

Mac_OS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard

there are always rumours and funnily they are always from 'a reliable source' buy it now that leopard is out and enjoy it for the machine it is not the machine it might be.
QUOTE Thanks
Henvan20

Henvan20 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2x 2.4GHz MBP. 1x old school Mac Mini.

What happened to the macbooks getting updated on the 26th??

Im in the same boat: buy now or wait till january. I can wait, but if nothing happens in january im not going to be happy.
QUOTE Thanks
Badley

If I do get the current MBP it will be far better than most laptops for years to come. Plus I like the traditional style keyboard not the new style.
QUOTE Thanks
patch5674

patch5674 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henvan20 View Post
What happened to the macbooks getting updated on the 26th??

Im in the same boat: buy now or wait till january. I can wait, but if nothing happens in january im not going to be happy.

Why does everyone think there is going to be something happening in january the powerbook line was with us for over 5 years why do people think it si suddenly going ot be different now if you wait for new technology you will never buy anyhting if you need a new machine now buy one now
QUOTE Thanks
Badley

I think it's just rumours that got me going. Bought myself a 2.6Ghz on Firday so this thread is now obsolete.

Interesting you query this as there is isn't much more thy can do the MBP to improve it apart from a BluRay Drive.
QUOTE Thanks
patch5674

And i have said thi in another forum why will Apple bother backing blu-Ray when it is stil unkonwn which of the formats have won the HD war.....
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i am waiting for the G5 powerbook

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
patch5674

WHAT??? are you on about
QUOTE Thanks
patch5674