New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Just some questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mangolda

mangolda is on a distinguished road

Hello,
So im saving for my first ever mac, i will be getting a macbook, im moving of to Mac basically im fed up of virus and constant Crashes.But i have a few question

How long does the battery last on the Macbook and on the Macbook pro ?

The Spec and low compared to some pc's does the macbook still run fast ?

Thank you and if there is anything eles i should not, i won't be getting for about 3 more months im just trying to get as much information as i can.,

Mangolda
QUOTE Thanks
TamiRene

TamiRene is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool

There is loads of information in the forums. Use the search button...
QUOTE Thanks
kfordham281

kfordham281 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD

http://www.apple.com/mac/ - click the product you want and do some reading

I don't find the Macbook or MBP specs lower at all. Since the transition to Intel processors, you can finally compare apples to apples (pun intended).

Good luck!

Apple Mac HQ - Apple/Mac News, Reviews, and More
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfordham281 View Post
http://www.apple.com/mac/ - click the product you want and do some reading

I don't find the Macbook or MBP specs lower at all. Since the transition to Intel processors, you can finally compare apples to apples (pun intended).

Good luck!
Eh, not quite. Mac OS X is a more efficient operating system, being based on UNIX, and all the GUI stuff is pretty optimized to the specific Apple hardware.

Don't let the seemingly low specs divert you. Especially with 2GB of RAM this thing flies like no other computer I've owned.
QUOTE Thanks
mangolda

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerj View Post
Eh, not quite. Mac OS X is a more efficient operating system, being based on UNIX, and all the GUI stuff is pretty optimized to the specific Apple hardware.

Don't let the seemingly low specs divert you. Especially with 2GB of RAM this thing flies like no other computer I've owned.
Thanks, it just very had to first time to buy a macbook when i could proply get the same specs for like £400 when a mac it cost £700 although i have to admit when over in the states i was in best buy i really loved the Mac's when i had a go, i just need to make sure im not going to be buying a slow computer.

Also i heard about this but the apple remote can it attach it self to the macbook with magnets built in :? i don't think it can but i m sure i read somewhere it can.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

It will stick to the the upper left and right hand corners of the screen. Though this is only because magnets hold the screen shut. There isn't an actual holding place for the remote on the Mac laptops.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
mangolda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
It will stick to the the upper left and right hand corners of the screen. Though this is only because magnets hold the screen shut. There isn't an actual holding place for the remote on the Mac laptops.
Ah ok cheers for that. I was getting so confused because nothing is mentioned on the site, good feature though. Even if they did not do it on purpose.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« need compact bus powered USB 2.0 hub for macbook | Right Clicking on an iBook »