New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - MacBook Upgrade?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fazia27

fazia27 is on a distinguished road

I've had my iMac for about a year now and I am so happy with it. I definitely made the best decision by purchasing it and I'm now looking to purchase a new Apple laptop. A lot of people are recomending the Macbook Pro, but I really like the MacBook (b/c it's white ) . Anyway, does anyone know if any new version of the MacBook is going to come out soon like how the Aluminum version of the iMac came out? Or maybe a new version of the MacBook Pro? I really don't want to purchase one and have a newer, updated version arrive three months later, lol. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
ChaePod

ChaePod is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January

There are many rumours about new MacBooks coming out very soon, very slim and aluminium, is the most common rumour.

I myself are hoping there is an update for the MacBook Pro. New Processor, Fixed Heat problem, A better graphics card, more usb ports.. etc.
I think I like the design as it is ( It's so smexy ) .

My mum said she'll get me one late January to early Feburary, which is fine with me, because (if there is) I will get a new model of MacBook Pro, with Leopard

So bascially, unless you need it badly, *need not want* You should wait a bit, you never know what's around the corner.
QUOTE Thanks
proxy

proxy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb

i am planning to make the move from a macbook to a macbook pro as soon as the new pros come out as i need more power lol
QUOTE Thanks
Mac_OS

Mac_OS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard

there are constant rumours about new macbooks / macbook pro's i wouldn't hold your breath, the macbooks were only recently updated i tihnk a mbp update is alot more likely.
QUOTE Thanks
fazia27

fazia27 is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for the input everyone! I think I'll wait awhile before purchasing since everyone seems to be hinting a MacBook Pro update. Well, I'm going to the Apple store this Saturday for Leopard, so I'll try asking one of the representives if he/she knows anything about it.
QUOTE Thanks
nZa

nZa has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.8Ghz MBP

Don't bother, they don't know either.
QUOTE Thanks
Henvan20

Henvan20 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2x 2.4GHz MBP. 1x old school Mac Mini.

No one knows for sure, but the best place to check the life cycle of a product is definately http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
QUOTE Thanks
patch5674

patch5674 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD

There a lot of rumours flying around at the moment i think that the macbook's will be withus at least untill new year i mean we had the iBook for a good few years, they might update the lineup faster processers led lighting and such but i dont think a full overhaul is going to be this year
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Heating vs Battery Life | Will this HD work with my intel macbook? »