New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - bizzare hard drive upgrade issues (macbook)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sqratch

Sqratch is on a distinguished road

im posting here as a desperate man trying to find some answers to resolve this issue i am having. i recently upgraded the factory 80 gb hard drive to a western digital 250gb scorpio sata drive. i cloned the factory drive over to my new drive using a logicube hard drive cloner.

everything booted up fine and all seemed well except for the fact that when viewing total/available space for the new hard drive, it still thinks there is an 80 gig drive installed. when i check the hard drive system properties however, it does indeed show a 250gb drive. i called applecare and they seem stumped as well.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
mac747

mac747 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD

Is it possible that the cloner created an 80GB partition? If you go into disk utility can you create a second partition or see the remaining space?

T
QUOTE Thanks
Sqratch

Sqratch is on a distinguished road

BINGO! that was it! thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
rjharary

rjharary is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: kooBcaM 13"

how did you change the partition?

Use the Rep System!
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjharary View Post
how did you change the partition?
Using disk utility.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery problem?? | macbook to tv »