New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Leopard and HD Upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fabian

Fabian is on a distinguished road

I need some advice. I have a Macbook, and I plan on upgrading to Leopard upon its release. The problem is that I have lost the start up disks to my MB; I'm wondering whether I should contact Apple and ask them to send me disk replacements, or just forget about them and install Leopard. I'm not trying to correlate that I need the start up disks to install Leopard, but I am wondering it will be worth having them around after I have installed Leopard.

Also, I plan on upgrading my HD. Should I do this before or after I install Leopard. I am also not too sure about how to transfer all my apps and files from one HD to the other. Will the Migration Assistant also backup my apps?

Thanks a bunch.
QUOTE Thanks
cjbowen.apple

cjbowen.apple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro: 2.4GHz | 13" MacBook: White 2.16GHz | 24" iMac: 2.8GHz

I asked my friend the same thing, wondering what will happen to all those music files, picture files, and apps when I get Leopard.

Hmm, my friend, he's like an Apple genius, certified by Apple and Windows to work on computers and such says that the media on your original HD should just show up on Leopard.

I think you should probably update your HD after Leopard, just sounds smarter to me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mic input on MBP? | Got me a new case and kb protector!!1 »