New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Help!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The mac 13

Ok my sis is going into Uni on the 10 of august, right after Singapore's National day. My dad is VERY willing to buy her a lappie but she and my dad are stuck between ibm toshiba and fujitsu.. i have already told her to invest in a mac and if she still use a wintel, enjoy her stay wif microsoft. ok my prob is that nxt week, there will b another comp fair at NUS(National University Singapore) and there shd b an apple booth. I want to convince her to mac(switch), so what should i show her and how on a mac. i think that if she mac, it will b an iBook(12" upgraded). so what shd i show her(Virtually- os x thingys)??? :confused: :confused:

p.s: wats the function and uses of the open apple key?
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

Just take her to to a good Apple Store and let her play around with the Macs. I'm sure she'll like ther designs of Apples.
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Ask the stall assistant to demonstrate the capabilities of the Macintosh system.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

oh ya..she said that she was interested wif the toshia a100 because of its wite pearl colour..i told her that apple was the first one who came out wif tat design n stuff..she didnt believe.. :mad:
QUOTE Thanks
anarkhy 17

You must convert her to the Mac... Remember you are a MAChova Whitness .

Oh yeah, and show here around the apple website (if she likes the pearl white show her the iBook)
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mac 13

p.s: wats the function and uses of the open apple key?
Apple key = command, Apple W close window (finder) Apple Q quit app C = copy V = paste I = get info
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

I say let her make her own decisions, as she is old enough to do so...
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
I say let her make her own decisions, as she is old enough to do so...
I might have to agree with you, Zero. This girl may have valid reasons for choosing a PC, and considering she's used a PC all her life, it might be best for her to stick with one, as she'd be new and inexperienced in the Mac world. I mean, why do you feel she HAS to be a Mac user?

BTW, as for the Apple (Command) key, to put it in simple terms, it's the Mac equivalent of the Control (Ctrl) key on Windows. Control (Ctrl) is also on Macs, but it does different stuff. Sometimes the Apple (Command) key also does stuff that the Alt key does on Windows, such as navigate through your history in a web browser.
QUOTE Thanks
jaetique

Honestly, let her figure out her choice on her own. You don't have to convince her that Apples are the cream of the crop or anything like that. It depends on what you use the computer for. So if PC is what she's comfortable with and she isn't keen on switching, leave her be.

It's not a religion.
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaetique
Honestly, let her figure out her choice on her own. You don't have to convince her that Apples are the cream of the crop or anything like that. It depends on what you use the computer for. So if PC is what she's comfortable with and she isn't keen on switching, leave her be.

It's not a religion.

I'm totally with ya on this.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaetique

It's not a religion.
hey hey finally a singaporean!!! Happy NAtional day to u!!!
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightblade
I'm totally with ya on this.
Ya i think its up to her..hey hey ya have followed ma slang..hmm..mayb u r frontin...
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mac 13
Ya i think its up to her..hey hey ya have followed ma slang..hmm..mayb u r frontin...
Please don't say that word! It's offensive! No forum will tolerate it, no matter who uses it.
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

:eek: this thread was doomed from the start
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PISMO G4 1gb good OSX performer??? | cd drive, yet another problem on the list »