New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Bought a macbook, disappointing experience...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac747 View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna apply for the free copy of leopard (already did for my wife's MBP today).

T
Send an e-mail to Apple through their website letting them know what store it was and how the manager, the person who's supposed to be responsible and mature, was extremely rude to you.

I mean, sure he didn't charge you a 10% restocking fee. But you also didn't pay the full price of the computer to be sold one that had been opened and rummaged through.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
cumber1137

cumber1137 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle - Blue : 512 MB Macbook Pro named Clayton

I'm so happy that this worked out! The story made me really upset because I think Apple has a big problem with trying to get their customers to come back. The employees can be big jerks sometime.
QUOTE Thanks
Bill64

Bill64 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" Macbook Pro...2.4GHZ intel, 2GB Ram

There is a real snob factor in the Apple stores around here sometimes, but I attribute it to a situation that I witnessed at the Genius Bar about a week ago:

There is a woman dressed to the hilt in designer crap, chewing one of the techs out at the counter. He just told her that the three-week-old MBP that she bought would not be covered under warranty because she had just told him it stopped working after she dropped it off of something.....The case was all kinds of tweaked, and the screen was damaged...She honestly thought it was "defective" because it didn't withstand a "about 7ft" fall...Tell me it is easy to deal with people for the rest of the day after that. I think a lot of us see it as snobbery, but I really think it is just those guys having a bad day.....
QUOTE Thanks
mac747

mac747 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD

Well I'm not sure about the rest of your Apple stores, but the one around here is in a mall that tends to have "snobby" people and uppity stores in them. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

T
QUOTE Thanks
GreenMeanie

GreenMeanie is on a distinguished road

I had to drive over an hour to change mine in for a dead pixel.
I feel your pain.

Quote:
The guy I talked to on the phone before I took the computer back wouldn't let me talk to a manager because they were ALL extremely busy and the store was "packed" (his words). I got there and saw 8 people in the store, far from being packed. But it did take me 1/2 hour to get there so who knows. Regardless I should have known right off the bat when I couldn't speak to a manager on the phone that the service was going to be far from excellent when I got there. I mean honestly you spend $1300 on a new computer, the least they could do is put a manager on to apologize. ****, if I eat at Chili's and something is wrong the manager comes out and apologizes and thats a $25 meal...

T
QUOTE Thanks
MilenkoD

MilenkoD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.53Ghz Macbook Pro

well I'm happy that someone at Apple got off their 'horse' and made things right. That's a great ending to the story and that's for updating us on the situation.
QUOTE Thanks
stellar

stellar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz, Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

awesome! glad things worked out for you..

"no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.."

--audrey h.
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

Nice, a ram upgrade is really nice! That sucks you had to go through that, I've had two different issues with my macbook where they had to send it off for a couple weeks, and they were real good about it and helpful. They had to replace about everything except the Hard drive and CD drive in my macbook to fix the problem. They had it for about a week and a half, maybe I should have asked for some compensation.... Not to mention I had to bring it in one more time before that for most likely the same bug in my computer.

Glad to here it worked out for you man!
QUOTE Thanks
applec2400

applec2400 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
For those of you who read my other post about last night's trip to the Apple store, please read on...

I came home from work today and had a message from the girl at the Apple store on my phone. She said she talked to another manager today and the manager agreed that I deserved something for what I had to go through last night. They told me to come back in tonight and they would either swap my macbook for a brand new one with a 2GB memory upgrade, or they would put memory in the one I bought last night. Since the one I bought last night had a click in the hinge, I opted for option #1 and took my macbook in tonight and with absolutely no hassle or trouble they swapped out the 1GB model for an upgraded 2GB model. The girl explained to me that they wanted to keep me as a customer and wanted to do something because of the trouble I went through. When I was leaving she said "I hope we see you again", and I replied, "you will".

Kudos Apple store. Job well done.

T
after working in retail for 2 years, I hate customers who beg for free product....
QUOTE Thanks
mac747

mac747 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by applec2400 View Post
after working in retail for 2 years, I hate customers who beg for free product....
Glad you got out then because the world doesn't need people with YOUR attitude in a CUSTOMER service field.

T
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Flickering Billionth Thread | Where is the microphone on a mac? »