New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Uh Oh... DID I JUST MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

milk is white

milk is white is on a distinguished road

Hello...

I just bought this on eBay:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...ustomerReviews

and now, I'm extremely nervous. Every single review (or most of them) complain about the huge scratching (ironic for a case, eh?) that it causes. Does anyone have an opinion on this, or is there anything that I can do to prevent this?
QUOTE Thanks
ki99

ki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Godwin (reviewer)
...I was concerned when ordering due to some bad reviews, but I disagree with all of them having owned the product.
i wouldn't be concerned...
QUOTE Thanks
mck_tj05

mck_tj05 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD

i have a speck cover on my 15" mbp. it does not scratch my case. although it's a different material than a regular MB.

i offer you this video,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZOquliqwh2w

in which the lady claims that the case damaged her computer.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

You should be more worried about the case itself getting scratched. I had one one on my MBP about a week and I take good care of it: desktop, bookbag, classroom desk. No bumping or anything and no different use with the case off. The case didn't do anything to my MBP, but the case itself got some ugly scratches because the plastic is kind of soft. I think the scratches came from sliding against the zipper on my bookbag because it doesn't touch anything else hard.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

eric06 has a spectacular aura about

You will be very pleased with the Speck case.

I have a orange one and it protects the MBP very well.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
MilenkoD

MilenkoD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.53Ghz Macbook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk is white View Post
Hello...

I just bought this on eBay:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...ustomerReviews

and now, I'm extremely nervous. Every single review (or most of them) complain about the huge scratching (ironic for a case, eh?) that it causes. Does anyone have an opinion on this, or is there anything that I can do to prevent this?
If you're very 'mobile' with your machine, looks like you need to re-ebay it based on the youtube video.

If you're wanting to protect the shell of your machine without adding 'bulk' I would highly recommend something like the bestSkinsEver.com clear skin/film that's die cut for your laptop. I had one of them on my Treo and loved it. The flim is thin but tough and scratch resistant. It adds a rubber-like feel to the surface and it 100% removable without leaving any residue. Works great on Macbooks to protect the palm-pad area from body oil discoloration too.

I front-pocket my Treo along with my car key everyday for a year and it was new looking up until the day I had it replaced. I'll be getting one for my new Treo and Macbook this week.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« EFI Firmware 1.1 toasted my logic board! | macbook lid CLICKS when I open it »