Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
    Turn off Apple logo light
    Hi, is there anyway to turn off the light on the Apple logo, behind the screen?

http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_m...jpreviewth.jpg

I prefer not to cover it with anything, just to see if anyone knows if there's a hack to turn off the light.

Specs:
    Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
    No, it's the LCD backlight. The only way would be to use an external monitor or hold F1 to reduce the brightness until the backlight switches off.
    [URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
    I judge you when you use poor grammar.

Specs:
    MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
    I have an external hooked up and when I dont need the MB screen, I just dim it down all the way - it turns off the logo. But I'd like if it were when I used my laptop on the go :/

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
    u should be proud of that logo, lol.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by prpandey View Post
    I have an external hooked up and when I dont need the MB screen, I just dim it down all the way - it turns off the logo. But I'd like if it were when I used my laptop on the go :/
    The Apple logo is just a piece of opaque, transparent plastic that allows the backlight for the screen to show through. You could open the screen housing and cover it up from the inside, but that would take quite a bit of skill and effort, not to mention that it would likely invalidate your warranty.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by prpandey View Post
    Like I said, you can't - it's the LCD backlight.

cwa is right, it'll invalid the warranty.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Just do like they do in the commericals, cover it.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
    i would never turn it off

Specs:
    MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
    Well, I don't need it to be on - I don't really care for others to "know" that I'm using a MacBook. I rather not cover it up - I just showed the picture to show you guys what part of the laptop I was talking about.

Specs:
    2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM
    There is no "on" to it. It's not like your window is "on" when the sun shines through it, right? Same deal. The apple is a window; the light is from your screen. The only way to "turn it off" is to turn off the screen. Period.

Specs:
    I love that I got negative rep for "taking this seriously". Like my sig says, the rep system is being abused. We might as well just turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiara View Post
    There is no "on" to it. It's not like your window is "on" when the sun shines through it, right? Same deal. The apple is a window; the light is from your screen. The only way to "turn it off" is to turn off the screen. Period.
    hahaha the "period" is my favorite part. You obviously have never opened up you mac, nor do you know how "screens" work. the apple light is another light in the back, NOT a shine through effect. there is ALWAYS a way to mod your computer the way you want to. you just have to know how to. for this you have to open up the back and disconnect the light. its pretty simple, but it will void your warranty. I did this, not because i didnt like the light, but for the simple reason that it burns the crap out of your battery. i think i got about an extra hour or two by doing this and a couple of other things like making my keyboard clear so that the keyboard lights dont have to be as bright.

What is your specific reason for wanting to turn it off?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by kylex63 View Post
    hahaha the "period" is my favorite part. You obviously have never opened up you mac, nor do you know how "screens" work. the apple light is another light in the back, NOT a shine through effect. there is ALWAYS a way to mod your computer the way you want to. you just have to know how to. for this you have to open up the back and disconnect the light. its pretty simple, but it will void your warranty. I did this, not because i didnt like the light, but for the simple reason that it burns the crap out of your battery. i think i got about an extra hour or two by doing this and a couple of other things like making my keyboard clear so that the keyboard lights dont have to be as bright.
    First, this thread you resurrected from the dead is 2007. It's long gone and dead. Why did you even answer a thread that old?

Second, you are dead wrong. There is NO LIGHT. It's the light from the back of the LCD. I and many here are Tech and have opened more Mac Notebooks than you have probably seen. There is no light. If you have a Mac with a light that lights your Apple Logo you have a RARE collectors item.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    If you have a Mac with a light that lights your Apple Logo you have a RARE collectors item.
    Or one of those cheap ebay knock-offs (Fake Mac)!

Thread Information