Unhappy PLease help - my macbook screen is cracked and......
    Please help - my macbook screen is cracked and I dont think my apple 1 year limited warranty covers accidental damage - if I buy a new screen for it do es anyone know how I would go about fitting it or does anybody have any other ideas, at the moment I can only see the top third of the screen so i feed it through my plasma via HDMI. On another note, i have put windows on my mac and can't seem to get my function keys to work - does anyone know why??

As you can probably tell I'm very new to mac!!

After looking on replacement screens for a bit, I see that Apple will actually replace and install a new screen...However, they charge $755 for the replacement.

If you want to go with a cheaper price, the site :http://www.techrestore.com/xcart/home.php?cat=273 seems to offer pretty good deals.

Either way, it's going to be expensive to replace..It's sad Apple wouldn't cover it, this is probably one of the more expensive items to replace on a laptop. Anyways, good luck getting it fixed.

Specs:
    2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
    Why would apple cover "accidental" damage? It's not like the screen died due to faulty craftmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by wytwolf View Post
    Why would apple cover "accidental" damage? It's not like the screen died due to faulty craftmanship.
    "Accidental" damage seems like an easy way to pawn off an expensive repair as the user's fault. No matter, it should be covered within the first year. That's just my opinion, as I've not had good experiences with Applecare.

Specs:
    MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
    here in the uk you would probably claim on your contents insurance. I broke my ibook and took it to a authorised repair centre and they told me that apple will usually say that if there are more that 2 parts to repair, its uneconmical and a full unit should be replaced.

Can you claim on any other insurances?
    Just the road and my MBP.. wohoo.. No wireless networks - DOH! Oh well, wheres my ipod! :headphone

Specs:
    2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM
    I think if you bought an accident insurance, then yeah, it should be covered. But AppleCare is specifically NOT an accident insurance. Why should the corporation be held responsible if I screw up my machine?

Thread Information