Thread: iBook for SAP

manikram
    Question iBook for SAP
    Hi,

I'm planning on buying a laptop and will be using it mainly for SAP applications.Do you guys recommend iBook as a good option?
    Also,I would like to know how good is virtual pc if I'm going to use XP on iBook G4.My other applications would be mailing,video conferencing,text processing,light gaming and audio/video.

Help on this is greatly appreciated.

The mac 13
    Quote Originally Posted by manikram
    Hi,

I'm planning on buying a laptop and will be using it mainly for SAP applications.Do you guys recommend iBook as a good option?
    Also,I would like to know how good is virtual pc if I'm going to use XP on iBook G4.My other applications would be mailing,video conferencing,text processing,light gaming and audio/video.

Help on this is greatly appreciated.
    iBook is good enough. virtual pc is just an emulator.. i dont think it will b good. if u really what to use one thena MAX out yr ram mayb to 1.25gb coz its memory sucking. ya more or less yr other applications would need at lease a 512mb ram so i say GET IT!
    :p

Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Concerning your laptop needs, excluding SAP, the iBook is a good choice, with additional RAM. To max it out at 1.25GB would be best, but that's a question of budget, of course.
    Now for SAP Id on't know...
    I have an old copy of Virtual PC (I think it's version 5), which I installed under OS 9, with Windows 2000 to use AutoCAD, and to my surprise it works quite good on my Powermac g4 1.25.
    I think that the actual Virtual PC 6.1 or even the future Virtual PC 7 will work better, especially under OS X, but it's ok for my needs.
    But I don't know about SAP though...

Thread Information