New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - switching back to mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chris9904

chris9904 is on a distinguished road

well its been a long time but i think its about time i got another mac my last was a 17inch powerbook witch died on me about a year ago since then ive been useing a windows laptop from work what you guys suggest.
QUOTE Thanks
hondagus87

hondagus87 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: New MACBOOK

what do you use your windows laptop for? What did you use your powerbook for? It all depends on what you want to do, in order for anyone to give you suggestions. I don't do any video or audio editing, so I have a macbook and a Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz 20 inch imac. They are both plenty fast for me.
QUOTE Thanks
Quiara

Quiara has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM

Like hondagus87 said, it really depends on what you want to do with it. I've been a Mac user since '01 and have had a ton of different machines, all for different uses. I have had towers, all-in-ones and notebooks, depending on my needs at the time. Right now, since I'm primarily a student again, I've got my precious MacBook 2.16GHz C2D (White - I didn't feel the need to pay the BlackTax. ^_~)

Whatcha want it to DO?
QUOTE Thanks
waz

waz is on a distinguished road

Go for the Intel Core 2 Duo Mac.

Like you, I love the mac. But had problem for work coz need to run engineering application. Virtual PC just don't cut it. Had to switch to Windoze-based laptop for several years.

When Macbook arrived, together with the bootcamp download from Apple, I did not wait long to acquire it. Now I got dual boot Mac for work and play.

Cheers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS 10 and Buffalo Drivestation | Macbook Pro - OS installation Warning »