New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - Buying a New Powerbook 12"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kipkeston

kipkeston is on a distinguished road

Hi guys. I know you're not going to believe me, but I'm wondering whether it's possible to buy a new powerbook 12" notebook. It's for a friend who is set on having a new powerbook 12" and refuses to settle for a new macbook. Does anyone know whether it's possible to purchase one from some online store or some place? Maybe I should contact apple? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

PowerBook 12" models have not been new in almost 2 years.
The only place you are even possibly going to find a new one is a third-party reseller... and those chances are slim.
Contacting Apple would do you no good. His best bet is to check out people selling used ones.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Geeky1

Geeky1 is a jewel in the roughGeeky1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: See Sig...

D3v1L80Y is absolutely correct about the availability; in short, I can almost guarantee that you won't find one.

I have one question for your friend though: WHY?!?

I can see picking up a PB *in addition* to a MB (considering doing that myself in a year or so after the 17" high res PBs come down in price another $500 or so) but I can't see choosing to go with a 12" PB *instead* of a MB.

MCCCXXXVII
Notebook RAM Buyer's Guide- How much, what type, what brand, where to buy, etc.
MBP: 17" WUXGA/2.4/4GB/160GB 7.2K
G4: Heavily modified Dual 533 DA
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem opening up keyboard: Please help! | Upgrading - What do you think? »