Thread: iBook Polish

iBook Polish
    Howdy ... I've decided that I wanna sell my iBook and save up for a Powerbook, or possibly a PC laptop. This 900mhz g3 w/ 640mb of ram is great for doing office work, surfing the net, chatting, listening to music and (heehee.. playing emulated games)...I love OS X too much to give it up, but I need a mac with a little more speed. I suppose I don't even know where my argument holds valid, as OS X runs fine on here... I just want something plays games faster.

Does anyone know of polish I can buy to take care of the skuffs on my iBook? Is there such a product available on the market? I'd like to sell it, but I don't think anyone would care for an ibook with skuff marks.

Can anyone recommend the best place to sell it and for what price? I know I can't get much out of this laptop, but I'd like to get atleast $600-700. I thought about ebay, but seller fees scare the crap out of me. Has anyone had luck making transactions on this forum?

Thanks.

tariq
    iKlear seems quite popular, its available at Apple retail stores as well, dont know if it'll remove scuffs though.
    http://thinkdifferentstore.com/produ...roducts_id=369

Try some iBook forums and classifieds, use google to find them if necessary. Use eBay as a last option, but check how much your model usually goes for (http://tinyurl.com/565rl). I sold an iPod on eBay and it was quite easy, selling fees are quite simple to understand and I ended up paying something like $5.

Quote Originally Posted by tariq
    iKlear seems quite popular, its available at Apple retail stores as well, dont know if it'll remove scuffs though.
    http://thinkdifferentstore.com/produ...roducts_id=369

Try some iBook forums and classifieds, use google to find them if necessary. Use eBay as a last option, but check how much your model usually goes for (http://tinyurl.com/565rl). I sold an iPod on eBay and it was quite easy, selling fees are quite simple to understand and I ended up paying something like $5.
    Thank you very much! Your advice is much appreciated. I will go ahead and order the polish.

Quote Originally Posted by mpeters13
    Thank you very much! Your advice is much appreciated. I will go ahead and order the polish.
    Actually, they call it iKlear Apple "Polish", but I believe it's more of just a cleaner. For something that polishes-out and removes scratches and blemishes on Apple products, one of the most popular choices is Ice Creme. You might want to give that a try instead.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

tariq
    ah yes i was thinking iKlear was being labelled wrong! sorry for the bad advice, hope you can cancel the order in time

Quote Originally Posted by tariq
    ah yes i was thinking iKlear was being labelled wrong! sorry for the bad advice, hope you can cancel the order in time
    Eh that's ok. I figure it'd be best to clean the ibook before polishing it anyhoo .

All is well in the land of Credit Cards :-P (..sorta lol)

-Matt

Thread Information