New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook Polish

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mpeters13

mpeters13 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP

Howdy ... I've decided that I wanna sell my iBook and save up for a Powerbook, or possibly a PC laptop. This 900mhz g3 w/ 640mb of ram is great for doing office work, surfing the net, chatting, listening to music and (heehee.. playing emulated games)...I love OS X too much to give it up, but I need a mac with a little more speed. I suppose I don't even know where my argument holds valid, as OS X runs fine on here... I just want something plays games faster.

Does anyone know of polish I can buy to take care of the skuffs on my iBook? Is there such a product available on the market? I'd like to sell it, but I don't think anyone would care for an ibook with skuff marks.

Can anyone recommend the best place to sell it and for what price? I know I can't get much out of this laptop, but I'd like to get atleast $600-700. I thought about ebay, but seller fees scare the crap out of me. Has anyone had luck making transactions on this forum?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

iKlear seems quite popular, its available at Apple retail stores as well, dont know if it'll remove scuffs though.
http://thinkdifferentstore.com/produ...roducts_id=369

Try some iBook forums and classifieds, use google to find them if necessary. Use eBay as a last option, but check how much your model usually goes for (http://tinyurl.com/565rl). I sold an iPod on eBay and it was quite easy, selling fees are quite simple to understand and I ended up paying something like $5.
QUOTE Thanks
mpeters13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq
iKlear seems quite popular, its available at Apple retail stores as well, dont know if it'll remove scuffs though.
http://thinkdifferentstore.com/produ...roducts_id=369

Try some iBook forums and classifieds, use google to find them if necessary. Use eBay as a last option, but check how much your model usually goes for (http://tinyurl.com/565rl). I sold an iPod on eBay and it was quite easy, selling fees are quite simple to understand and I ended up paying something like $5.
Thank you very much! Your advice is much appreciated. I will go ahead and order the polish.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13
Thank you very much! Your advice is much appreciated. I will go ahead and order the polish.
Actually, they call it iKlear Apple "Polish", but I believe it's more of just a cleaner. For something that polishes-out and removes scratches and blemishes on Apple products, one of the most popular choices is Ice Creme. You might want to give that a try instead.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

ah yes i was thinking iKlear was being labelled wrong! sorry for the bad advice, hope you can cancel the order in time
QUOTE Thanks
mpeters13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq
ah yes i was thinking iKlear was being labelled wrong! sorry for the bad advice, hope you can cancel the order in time
Eh that's ok. I figure it'd be best to clean the ibook before polishing it anyhoo .

All is well in the land of Credit Cards :-P (..sorta lol)

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SOS: My iBook's Files and Personal Settings Missin | Non working CD Drive on G3 iBook »