New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Power cord randomly stops working.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lax32

Lax32 is on a distinguished road

I have Macbook and the other day I noticed that every now and then the power cord will stop supplying power. Lots of times it is after I move the laptop. The light turns off and my macbook shows a switch between running off the power supply to running on the battery.

I looked around the contacts and although it is a little dirty where the magnet touches, the actual contacts themselves look clean.

Anyone have any ideas? At first I thought it might be the outlet, but it has happened now on several different ones.
QUOTE Thanks
sockeye

sockeye is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook c2d 2.16ghz 1gig ram 120 gig hdd

The magsafe power adapter has had some know defects, which apple should cover in/or out of warranty.
check out www.appledefects.com
hope this helps
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Silly question | Using External Speakers »