Macbook Keyboard problem
    (Firstly, I have searched to see if this is a recognised problem but not found anything - I apologise I have missed something, but I never seem to get a lot out of search functions !)

My Macbook is just out of guarantee

I have recently noticed the a few keys are not responding as the should - on an intermitant basis , for example , all will be going well , then all of a sudden , the right shift key & all the keys on the top row , from esc to F6 will stop responding , then , 5 minutes later , they will all be fine again

Being impatient and wanting is sorted quick , I did a clean install of OS X , thinking that would be the end of it - but it made no difference at all This pointed towards a hardware problem , so I ran the Apple Hardware Test , no joy (all fine) , and then to confirm this , I booted up XP via Boot Camp - to add insult to injury , XP works fine, no probs whatsoever

Any ideas or similar experiences ?

Wish I had got Apple care now !!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    Do you have an external USB keyboard? If you can get hold of one, perhaps you can try to connect with that and see whether the problem persists.

Quote Originally Posted by novicew View Post
    Do you have an external USB keyboard? If you can get hold of one, perhaps you can try to connect with that and see whether the problem persists.
    Thanks for the reply

Yes , tried with my iMac's keyboard and that works fine -suggesting a hardware problem , but like I say - everything works fine with Windows XP ! , surely if the keyboard had a physical problem it would still be apparent under XP ?
    This is driving me nuts ! I just need a logical ,plausable explanation , then I can live with it

Thread Information