New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - worth it? cordless mightymouse to save usb port

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

icyx

icyx is on a distinguished road

I have had my macbook for maybe a month now and i been using a old logitech mouse that i just plug in. since the macbook only has 2 usb slots, do you guys think it's worth to spend the extra money in getting the bluetooth wireless mouse??? it's a bit pricey and is it that good ??
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

If you can get to an Apple store or authorized reseller you should check it out for yourself. Some people love the wireless MM. To me it was too heavy (batteries)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
kao

kao is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB

I've actually got so used to the touchpad I don't think I need a mouse for it anymore, though I might buy a wireless MM just incase. I just like the two finger scroll tbh =p
QUOTE Thanks
Sennec

Sennec will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

I suggest you to get a USB hub, you'll have 4-6 extra USB ports and you can keep using your wired mouse.

Another stain on the sidewalk.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Probably the best bet is to just get a USB hub, Belkin has a nice 7-port hub that will keep you from needing any more for a while. Just don't go cheap, I got a cheapo power hub that claimed to be compatible with Macs, but didn't work. I don't even know if it worked with PC's b/c I threw it away in disgust.

If you do want a wireless mouse, I would suggest the MM. I have one and love. I always take my MBP to classes and it's nice to just pull it out and start using without wires or USB dongles.

The things I like about it are its low-profile design which makes it nice to carry around, squeeze "button" for Expose (I'll never live without this now), and the scroll ball is great. Many people don't like it. I had to get used to it, but it didn't take long and now scroll wheels feel clunky and old to me. IT does get dirty and stuck once in a while, but just turn it over and run it on some cloth and it works like new again.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
mini066

mini066 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.16/2.5GB, in a coma

The Wireless MM works great for me. I'm right-handed, but the USB ports on a Macbook are at the left, having a wired Mouse would get a bit messy for me. Even when I forgot to turn off the Mouse overnight, it still had plenty of juice.

Only flaw with the MM is right-clicking forces you to lift your finger off the left mouse click, or else it will register as a left-click.
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

DoubleCap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

Getting a BT mouse might be a good choice, but I never really enjoyed using them. I've been a loyal Logitech fan, plan on keeping it that way too.
QUOTE Thanks
pballa2099

pballa2099 is an unknown at this point

yeah i love my logitech vx revolution
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

DoubleCap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

I had a Logitech MX518... sold it to get the wireless keyboard/mouse combo - Logitech S510.

I do miss the side buttons, but I've learned to adapt.
QUOTE Thanks
Rambaud

Rambaud is on a distinguished road

I use a Logitech USB mouse and have powered USB port also.
QUOTE Thanks
dsuppa

dsuppa is on a distinguished road

Just got my MM today about an hour and a half ago. I love it, plus it looks really nice .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wakes from sleep with lid shut whenever anything makes a bump nearby on the desk | Macbook Pro Dilemma, Help Please »