New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - its ordered !!!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Well yesterday evening i ordered my MBP. I got the 2.4ghz 15.4inch glossy screen.

cant wait !

but unfortunatly i didnt get the ipod nano promotion cos its not here in the uk yet. - unfair !!!

ahh well i already have a 1st gen so its ok.

i also bought a neopreme case, a spek shell hard cover, wireless mighty mouse and apple care. because i will get some student discount i got a promotion with the apple care and instead of just above 200 i got it for just above 50. ! nice !

anyways. reviews coming on youtube soon - probs beggining of september.
QUOTE Thanks
Kododead

Kododead is on a distinguished road

Congrats! Im hoping to get a Macbook soon..Im sure you will love it!

Soon to be Apple User.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough

yh i recon i will. i looked at a macbook but decided on the mbp because of the screen the ram and the graphics.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

update - its sucks that i have to wait an extra 4 working days just because i want the glossy screen. so now i wont have it for ma bday . ahh well hope its worth the wait.

did anyone else have to wait extra because they had a glossy screen ?
QUOTE Thanks
jezster

jezster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G

No, but my MBP 15inch Glossy 2.4Ghz arrives today - one month after order. The build took two weeks and it has been shipping for god knows how long. I mean iLife'08 has been released since I purchased it and I still don't have I visited the Apple store in Bluewater the other day and the guy said he had it in stock
QUOTE Thanks
christm

ouch thats a while ! i really hope mine isnt a month cos i need it for 6th form (A levals) this september.

ahh many happy memories in that store. i went up for a weekend and spent like soo many hours in there
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Congrats to you! You'll have hours of enjoyment with your new purchase.

I know...the wait is a killer, but eventually you'll be telling us how really awesome it is! Have fun!

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
christm

yh i will ! cant wait. i phoned them yesterday and they put it on pririty 1 or summin as i need it for skl on the 5th of september ! :O

thanks for all your replies.
QUOTE Thanks
hexonxonx

hexonxonx will become famous soon enough

Enjoy that! It's been over a month now that I have had mine and I don't regret it one bit. I'm taking mine on vacation with me next week!

20" iMac aluminum
13" MBP
3 iPhones
QUOTE Thanks
jasonmac

jasonmac is on a distinguished road

Good deal, have fun with your MBP, I know you will!!

Jason
QUOTE Thanks
jezster

Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G

YES! My laptop arrived on Monday and it is lovely. I have to admit the screen is amazing and the feel of the machine is total quality. The only downsides are the nasty noises the superdrive makes when loading a disk (however this is normal) and the position I type in makes the screen dim sometimes as the light sensors think its evening

I think it was worth the wait and I got iLife'08 installed with the machine and it's on the reinstall disks... sweet. I've purchased iWork'08 too and that is really cool. What else could I want ...
QUOTE Thanks
focalplane

focalplane is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezster View Post
I think it was worth the wait and I got iLife'08 installed with the machine and it's on the reinstall disks... sweet. I've purchased iWork'08 too and that is really cool. What else could I want ...
Congrats to both of you.

Jezster: When did you order it? I ordered mine on 27th July, not due to arrive until next week, I also ordered a 15" Matte 2.4 standard spec with iWork '06 but it got held for a week because of iWork '08 coming out. I know its definitely coming with iWork '08, i just hope i get iLife '08 too. Are you in the UK?

Christm: just to make you aware, the apple care for 58 on Education isnt normal apple care. I ordered it too, but noticed after, online, that the AppleCare is on the educational store for 230 and the EMEA CC-HE contract uplift for 58. I called Apple and apparently the uplift is to 3 year warrinty but the addtional telephone support is throught the IT department of your University. Strange.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

kl cheers for all the replies guys.

oh that apple care thing is strange ahh well i will sort that out when it comes to it.

i really hope mine comes soon as im desperate to set it all up
QUOTE Thanks
jezster

Quote:
Originally Posted by focalplane View Post
Congrats to both of you.

Jezster: When did you order it? I ordered mine on 27th July, not due to arrive until next week, I also ordered a 15" Matte 2.4 standard spec with iWork '06 but it got held for a week because of iWork '08 coming out. I know its definitely coming with iWork '08, i just hope i get iLife '08 too. Are you in the UK?
I ordered mine on the 23rd July and yes it was held up. I did get iLife'08 and the Demo of iWork'08. I liked iWork so much I visited the Apple store in Bluewater and purchased a copy for 55. Oh, and yes I am in the UK.

The only problem I have at the moment is that I performed a clean installation of the OS due to 'family members saying they understood Unix and Terminals'. However I now don't have the ComicLife app or any of the Omni-stuff Time for me to call apple...

Also I have installed the Xcode stuff but can't fine the development IDE, any ideas where it might be?
QUOTE Thanks
Remix_Eyeballs

Remix_Eyeballs is an unknown at this point

Mbps are very fun to use. jezter: slip in the mac OS X install disk 1, and do the optional installs thing. My dad claims to understand Unix and Terminals too.
Can't change a simple text file on one.

Macbook
2.0GHz
2.0GBz RAM
80GB HD
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Old Powerbook G3 Death? | low battery »