Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
    its ordered !!!!!!
    Well yesterday evening i ordered my MBP. I got the 2.4ghz 15.4inch glossy screen.

cant wait !

but unfortunatly i didnt get the ipod nano promotion cos its not here in the uk yet. - unfair !!!

ahh well i already have a 1st gen so its ok.

i also bought a neopreme case, a spek shell hard cover, wireless mighty mouse and apple care. because i will get some student discount i got a promotion with the apple care and instead of just above 200 i got it for just above 50. ! nice !

anyways. reviews coming on youtube soon - probs beggining of september.

Congrats! Im hoping to get a Macbook soon..Im sure you will love it!
    Soon to be Apple User.

Specs:
    yh i recon i will. i looked at a macbook but decided on the mbp because of the screen the ram and the graphics.

Specs:
    update - its sucks that i have to wait an extra 4 working days just because i want the glossy screen. so now i wont have it for ma bday . ahh well hope its worth the wait.

did anyone else have to wait extra because they had a glossy screen ?

Specs:
    MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
    No, but my MBP 15inch Glossy 2.4Ghz arrives today - one month after order. The build took two weeks and it has been shipping for god knows how long. I mean iLife'08 has been released since I purchased it and I still don't have I visited the Apple store in Bluewater the other day and the guy said he had it in stock

Specs:
    ouch thats a while ! i really hope mine isnt a month cos i need it for 6th form (A levals) this september.

ahh many happy memories in that store. i went up for a weekend and spent like soo many hours in there

Specs:
    imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
    Congrats to you! You'll have hours of enjoyment with your new purchase.

I know...the wait is a killer, but eventually you'll be telling us how really awesome it is! Have fun!
    "We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown

Specs:
    yh i will ! cant wait. i phoned them yesterday and they put it on pririty 1 or summin as i need it for skl on the 5th of september ! :O

thanks for all your replies.

Enjoy that! It's been over a month now that I have had mine and I don't regret it one bit. I'm taking mine on vacation with me next week!
    20" iMac aluminum
    13" MBP
    3 iPhones

Good deal, have fun with your MBP, I know you will!!

Jason

Specs:
    MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
    YES! My laptop arrived on Monday and it is lovely. I have to admit the screen is amazing and the feel of the machine is total quality. The only downsides are the nasty noises the superdrive makes when loading a disk (however this is normal) and the position I type in makes the screen dim sometimes as the light sensors think its evening

I think it was worth the wait and I got iLife'08 installed with the machine and it's on the reinstall disks... sweet. I've purchased iWork'08 too and that is really cool. What else could I want ...

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
    Quote Originally Posted by jezster View Post
    I think it was worth the wait and I got iLife'08 installed with the machine and it's on the reinstall disks... sweet. I've purchased iWork'08 too and that is really cool. What else could I want ...
    Congrats to both of you.

Jezster: When did you order it? I ordered mine on 27th July, not due to arrive until next week, I also ordered a 15" Matte 2.4 standard spec with iWork '06 but it got held for a week because of iWork '08 coming out. I know its definitely coming with iWork '08, i just hope i get iLife '08 too. Are you in the UK?

Christm: just to make you aware, the apple care for 58 on Education isnt normal apple care. I ordered it too, but noticed after, online, that the AppleCare is on the educational store for 230 and the EMEA CC-HE contract uplift for 58. I called Apple and apparently the uplift is to 3 year warrinty but the addtional telephone support is throught the IT department of your University. Strange.

Specs:
    kl cheers for all the replies guys.

oh that apple care thing is strange ahh well i will sort that out when it comes to it.

i really hope mine comes soon as im desperate to set it all up

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by focalplane View Post
    Congrats to both of you.

Jezster: When did you order it? I ordered mine on 27th July, not due to arrive until next week, I also ordered a 15" Matte 2.4 standard spec with iWork '06 but it got held for a week because of iWork '08 coming out. I know its definitely coming with iWork '08, i just hope i get iLife '08 too. Are you in the UK?
    I ordered mine on the 23rd July and yes it was held up. I did get iLife'08 and the Demo of iWork'08. I liked iWork so much I visited the Apple store in Bluewater and purchased a copy for 55. Oh, and yes I am in the UK.

The only problem I have at the moment is that I performed a clean installation of the OS due to 'family members saying they understood Unix and Terminals'. However I now don't have the ComicLife app or any of the Omni-stuff Time for me to call apple...

Also I have installed the Xcode stuff but can't fine the development IDE, any ideas where it might be?

Mbps are very fun to use. jezter: slip in the mac OS X install disk 1, and do the optional installs thing. My dad claims to understand Unix and Terminals too.
    Can't change a simple text file on one.
    Macbook
    2.0GHz
    2.0GBz RAM
    80GB HD

Thread Information